A Thank You To The New 'Skip Intro' Button On Netflix

Our prayers have been answered

107
https://i.ytimg.com

I apparently watch too much Netflix, because I just wrote an article about what shows I would recommend to watch next. (If you missed that, you can read it here!) And here we are again talking about how great Netflix is. Ever notice how some of the opening credits for some shows seem to be about 3 years long? Well thanks to Netflix, that is a problem of the past thanks to the new "skip intro button" they just introduced.

Dear Skip Intro Button,

Thank you for existing. Anyone who watches Orange is the New Black knows that some intros to shows can last longer than anyone would like. In the dark ages, you would just let the intro play through and when they were really long this was the perfect time to grab a snack or go to the bathroom without missing any binge watching time. With the new skip intro button, that is a thing of the past.

Speaking of binge watching... when an episode ends on a cliff hanger, I do not have the time or the emotional stability to sit through a ridiculously long intro. I need answers and I need them now. You allow me to skip that part of the episode perfectly without missing anything important. While not all episodes have your amazing capabilities just yet, I am excited for the day where every episode has a skip intro button.

Not having to watch intros anymore makes binge watching go must faster. When there is no opening credits, there is no interruption to remind you that you have other things to do like homework, eat, shower, and sleep.The episodes blend into one another and eventually you end up on episode 9 when you meant to stop 6 episodes ago.

So skip intro button, thank you for being made. I hope that you catch on and stay around for a long time. You are amazing.