6 Skin Care Tips For Your Bedtime Routine
Health Wellness

The most important time to take care of your skin is all the time. Make sure to take these 6 skin care tips into consideration before hitting the hay!

545

Although you may lead a very busy life, skin care is a must and taking care of your skin before bed is a crucial aspect of this routine. Here are 6 tips to help you rock your bedtime skincare routine!

1. Remove Makeup At All Costs

Going to bed with makeup on can invite skin problems of all forms including spots and acne breakouts. Your skin starts repairing itself when you are asleep allowing the skin pores to open up and allowing a dermatological patching-up to occur. However, this repair cannot occur when your skin is covered under a thick layer of cosmetics. Make sure to stock up on make-up remover or make-up removing wipes in order to get the job done. Your skin will thank you for it later!

2. Toner Is A Necessity

Using toner after a good face washing is beneficial as it restores the natural pH levels of your skin. This ultimately makes your skin resistant to bacteria and other microorganisms, and also cleanses your skin of dirt and impurities. Simply apply a little amount of toner on a cotton pad, and gently rub it on your face and neck for more breathable and fresher skin!

3. Apply Eye Cream

Make sure to give your eyes lots of attention too! Remove all your eye makeup and apply an eye cream before catching some much-needed sleep! An eye cream can be very beneficial to your eyes and ingredients like peptides in eye creams can moisturize and hydrate your eyes, and reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Just ensure you use a lightweight eye cream and this will do wonders for your eyes.

4. Tie Up Your Hair

When you sleep with your hair tied back out of your face, you can spare yourself the hassle of combing your hair of tangles and knots in the morning. Your hair also contains oils and dirt that can get on your face and result in acne breakouts and other issues. You can even use a loose headband or head wrap if you do not prefer using hair ties or get kinks in your hair.

5. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize

Moisturizing reduces the chances of skin problems. Using the right kind of moisturizer for your skin is also key and can help maintain your skin's balance. When skin is too dry or too oily, many common skin problems like acne start to pop up. This is a key step in your skin care routine you should never leave out.

6. Make Sure To Get Your Beauty Sleep!

We all know sleep is essential and it's no secret lack of sleep can cause dark circles and under-eye bags. Although it can be difficult in this day in age, It's important to try to get about 7 – 8 hours of sleep every night in order to look and feel your best. Also, make sure to shut down all electronics before you sleep as these can be a huge distraction and disturb your circadian rhythm. With more beauty rest, your skin will look better than it ever has and you will feel more refreshed than ever.