Top 6 Realities Coming Back From College
Life Stages

Top 6 Realities of Coming Back home From College for the summer

Who knew you could actually end up missing going to class and being away from home?

89
https://unsplash.com/photos/74tlEYKgrBE
Unsplash

Summer break is suppose to be the time to let your hair down and be free of school and stress, but in reality you're given zero freedom due to parents and working. The realities come out to play when you return home for summer from college. Your routine does a full 360 turn and you have to adjust everything you have been doing for a year.

1. Awkward High School Reunions

There is nothing worse than going to the bars and seeing EVERYONE you graduated with. Let alone have to make small talk with them. "OMG LET'S HANG OUT SOON!" Ok, bye.

2. Parental Rules

Love coming home to a midnight curfew... NOT! The bars stay open until 3, just like at college, so catch ya in the morning, mom and dad!

3. Being Away From College Friends

It was hard enough making close friends in college to be ripped away from each other for three months. The only upside is that they can visit and see just how rowdy your family actually is.

4. Work Work Work

Love pulling that minimum wage life at odd hours durning the summer, amirite? Free schedule during the summer means spending all of it at your job. My favorite thing is having to reply to every text "Can't hang, I am at work". Gotta love summer!

5. Revealing Your Grades

There is nothing like showing your true colors to your parents than them actually finding out you made a 2.0 instead of the 3.0 you were bragging about on the road back home. Pull out the popcorn cause the show is about to go down.

6. Inspector [Parent] Gadget

Make sure you disable your location on your phone. Parents want to know where you are at all times and who you are with. Maybe they shouldn't know that you were at a bar until 4am? Parents want to know your every move 24/7. There's no escaping the parents when it comes to being back home.