6 Ways Music Can Help You

6 Ways Music Can Help You

Music is such a great tool to help you feel motivated to complete a task.
5

I will be honest: I had no idea what to write about until now, but now that I am listening to music, I realized that without listening to music, I would not have known what to write about. Music really is such an amazing tool for getting people motivated to get things done. Listening to your favorite song and doing something that may be difficult, like working out or writing an essay, and music only makes you more motivated and inspired to get the task done. These are a few things that music can help with:

1. Working out

When I work out, I need music to help me feel good and to make me feel like I am getting something done. If I ever forget my headphones before going to the gym, I will have a bad work out. If I just download new music, there is a good chance I have that song on repeat until I get sick of it.

2. Taking a shower

This may sound weird, but it is so nice taking a shower with music playing! I thought this was something that only I do but when I started dorming, now I feel like I don’t know anyone that doesn’t play music while they shower. I think the idea is that it can be boring in the shower and it’s just another reason to blast music and annoy your neighbors.

3. Doing your makeup

I know this doesn’t apply for everyone, but playing music while putting makeup on is super fun! You feel like a celebrity and gets you more pumped for wherever you are going.

4. Walking to class

This is something I always do. Like how people run on coffee in the morning to make it through the day, I run on music. Even though my campus is small and it only takes three songs per day to walk to classes and back to my dorm, I always cherish those moments. That is when I feel most confident; listening to great music and walking down the hall gives me so much confidence and happiness.

5. Studying

Whether you like listening to classical or scream-o to help you concentrate, music really does help with concentration. Some people work in silence and I understand that, but listening to music really does get you motivated to want to work harder, which then gives you creative ideas.

6. Driving

This is something I love doing so much! I always either have the radio on or have Bluetooth on so I can listen to music from my phone. This is something that is hard to explain, but nearly every person does this. When you have all your friends in the car and you take turns playing songs, laughing, and singing along, it is such a bonding experience it can really bring people together and make the environment such a better one.

Whether you are driving around or working out, music is a great way to bring people together and making you, as an individual, happier.