As a full-on Catholic, I feel the need to talk about the latest celebration happening. That's right, I am talking about Lent. Lent is a season of grief that necessary ends with a great celebration of Easter. How do you show that grief? You give up something for 40 days, hence also receiving the name Quadragesima (Fortieth in Latin). It makes sense; Jesus fasted for 40 days. It is only logical for us to sacrifice an aspect of our lives, even when temptation strikes. First things first? You don't eat meat on Friday. Sounds simple, right? That should be a piece of cake to you, vegans and vegetarians. To us normal people, it is hell. But never fear. It is possible. If you think that's hard, let me remind you that there are some people who can't give up anything for those 40 days. Here is a list of some things you can give up for lent.
1. Soda: Yes, I am serious. Not just soda; sweets/sugar in general. Replace it with water. You will feel better.
2. Alcohol: As a college student, we could all try this one. Whether you fail or succeed, or fail, you'll be healthier and focus more on you studies.
3. Social Media: Pretty explanatory. Less drama. Studies say that people who constantly check social media are either depressed or narcissistic. Don't be that guy.
5. Fast Food: This one will perhaps kill your diet. Because as college students, this is what we eat. No McDonald's, no Chipotle, no nothing! Will power, people.
6. Smoking: Because no one wants to die from cancer. At least for forty days.