How My Best Friend Continues To Inspire Me

Thank you.

9254
Becky Kurkowski

Well, for starters how does one even define a best friend? Is it the person you are closest with? The person you spend all your time with? The person you tell all your secrets too? I guess I personally have a hard time defining best friend because I only have a few. I would define best friends as the people who push you to become a better person, the people who care about you more than you think, the people who are always up for adventures with you even when they know how stupid they are, but most importantly the people who inspire you without even knowing it. I'm sure everybody has that one best friend who is successful and takes on a lot, but mine inspires me without even knowing it. She's been doing that for over seven years now.

We became friends in middle school. Even though we never had any classes together we still talked and made sure to do things. We were in the same girl scout troop for a while, and it was always between her and I for the top cookies seller. I mean a little competition in a friendship isn't bad at the end of the day we were still friends no matter what. Our friendship started off slow, but once we became best friends we were inseparable. High school she was the person I could lean on the most. She was the person I always ran to when everything went wrong, and I was the same to her.

Onto the ways she inspires me.....

The first way is how strong she is. Without going into details, life for her has not been easy. She has been thrown a lot of curve balls that not a lot of people would be able to handle. Yet she wakes up every day, does the things she needs to get done, and continues living her life the way she wants to. It hasn't been easy being away from her at school, and yet every time we get together it's almost like there wasn't wasted time at all. Which leads to my next point.

She inspires me to let go of the things in the past. I always feel like I have made a void space in our relationship because college got hectic. Well college got hectic for both of us, but she still sent cards. She's the kind of person who makes time for everybody. Even when there is no time left. She puts herself last, and others first. I mean what is sleep in college anyways? I admire the way she puts others first though, it's a remarkable trait to have.

She's always up to set off on an adventure. We may have been the random people going to parks, spending our time at the mall, "singing" (screaming) songs out the window, doing crafts just because, and so many things. I am inspired to create things because of you. Once you get an idea in your head, there's no stopping you until you see it happen. Your determination can drive away the mountains. Always remember to chase your dreams, or else they'll never happen.

Your relationship inspires me. I'll be honest at first it was annoying how all you ever wanted to talk about as your boyfriend, but now everything is so different. I think it's beautiful how you can share so much love, passion, trust, and happiness with one person. I think it's amazing that you and him can make a long distance relationship work out and still be as strong as when it started. I hope that someday I end up in a relationship like the one you have.

Your intelligence inspires me. You never settle for low grades, and you never have. Even in high school, your drive to get a good grade was contagious. You're partially to blame for me getting my grades up because I wanted to do better just like you. I hope you know how smart you truly are. Even if you don't always get the grade you want, that doesn't make you any less smart.

I guess you all around inspire me to grow as a person. You have a personality that touches the people around you. You light up a room when you enter it. You've been lighting up my life for a long time and I'm beyond blessed to have a best friend like you in my life. I know we may not be as close as we were in high school, but I hope you know who i'm talking about when you read this. Thank you for all of the things you have done for me throughout the years. I know that even if our friendship changes, we will still be friends forever. I love you more than you know!