Sisters By Chance, Best Friends By Choice

Thank you for being the best person I know.

279
Leah Swander

For everyone who has a sister, you understand how incredible your bond with her is.

She will always be there for you. When you mess up, when you need advice, when you have your heart broken or even when you just need a friend. No one will ever understand the ups and downs of your family better than your sister, and no one will ever compare to her.

And whether you like it or not, you're stuck with her. You will fight over the dumbest things, like who liked a certain shirt before the other, or about who didn't or did put away the milk. But at the end of the day, you won't even remember what you were bickering about. That's the greatest part-to know that no matter what, someone will always be your friend, especially when you need one.

Not only is she your sister and friend, she is someone to look up too. No matter the age difference, if she is older or younger, or if she is the complete opposite of you, her success in life inspires you. With that, you won't feel prouder than anyone when she does succeed. Not meaning with money or a career or graduating college-but the simple things will bring tears to your eyes. The moment she finds love, bless you with a baby to spoil, or moves out of the house.

As she experiences the world, she will always expect you to learn from her mistakes. But as anyone, sometimes you don't. Then she tends to become your second mother quicker than your actual mother can even react. She will yell and scream, but most importantly she won't judge you and forgive you. She wants the very best for you, no matter where you go in life.

Because she wants the best for you, she will be on your side in (almost) every situation. If someone broke your heart, you better believe your sister has someone new at the top of their list. Just as you are always there for her, she would do anything to protect you-do not take it for granted.

A little side note to my sister(s):

I love you so much more than you know. You truly are the best of my friends, and I wouldn't be who I am today without your support, strength, and love. I am so immensely proud of you and who you have become. I will always be there for you when you need me, and mostly when you don't. Please don't forget about me when you're changing the world someday.

"Giggles, secrets, sometimes tears. Sisters and friends through the years." -Anonymous