When Your Sister Is Your Best Friend

When Your Sister Is Your Best Friend

Lucky to be able to not only call you my sister, but also my best friend.
9

We have had a rocky road growing up, there is no question about that, but we have never turned our backs on each other when times were tough. I would not wish the difficult times we have struggled with in life on my worst enemy. But having you by my side made the really bad times a little easier. I can never thank you enough for not leaving me at my worst.

"Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do they will still be there"

Siblings fight, it's a force of nature. Even though sometimes we may just be "discussing" something and auntie will tell us to stop fighting and we argue with her that we are not. Sometimes we bicker and say things we wish we did not but we always apologize and get over the stupid little fights we do have, I feel like we can never stay mad at each other for long. It does not mean that we care less or do not like each other, I personally think many of our fights have brought us closer in many ways, like begging you not to tell on me when I "accidentally" hit you when were messing around. Just think about all the funny stories we have to tell now. For example vacation at Hampton Beach and hitting you when we woke up and I got grounded. I was so mad, but now we look back at it and laugh because like why did I even do that. I guess we will never know. Haha.

You always listen to me when I tell you to do things... well most of the time. I love how you come to me for advice and confide in me when you need someone to talk to. I may not know it all but I am always happy to share the best advice I can with you.

There have been endless times when you have been there for me and have been my shoulder to cry on. We can relate to many different things, although we have not been through all the same situations together, I still fell like we can understand each other, especially in difficult situations. You always know how to pick me up when I am down and need help. I'm so happy to be able to share so many experiences and memories with you. You have made so many bad times easier, and good times even better.

Honestly, I really do love you and consider you my best friend. We have never left each other and I never plan to leave you. I will always be here waiting for you when you are mad at me and waiting for you to forgive me, and I know you will do the same for me.

Kalei, Never change for anyone and continue to bring smiles and happiness to everyone you meet. I will always be here for you no matter what. I will always listen to you even if you are just rambling on about the cats, we all know they are your favorite. Haha, Sorry there is no way I could leave them out of this. Thank you for being my true best friend. Thank you for the late night talks about important things and pointless things too. Thank you for making me laugh when I am upset, and always knowing the right things to say. Thank you for not letting me forget to be silly sometimes. Thank you for dealing with me even when you are annoyed with me. Thank you for being you, and not changing for anyone, you are your own unique person and I honestly love that about you. Thank you for always reminding me that no one's opinion should matter, and reminding me to always love myself no matter how hard it may be sometimes. I can not thank you enough for all that you have done for me, and I am honestly the luckiest person to be able to not only call you my "little" sister, but also my Best Friend. I love you more than you will ever know, even if I do not always say it, I really do mean it.