To The Sister God Gave Me At Just The Right Time

People like you come around once in a lifetime.

26
Sarah Wagner

Rikka, where do I even begin?

We met early in February after I performed my favorite poem. You were my poetry selfie buddy that day, and I could tell you were something special.

Usually when I meet someone new, we keep in contact for a while but eventually lose touch if we don't see each other in person.

I'm beyond glad we kept in touch and eventually became part of each other's lives!

I remember being super shy about hanging out at first, but now I practically walk into your house like it's my own!

It's so interesting to think how 2 months ago we met for the first time and now I literally can't imagine life without you!

I think God gave me you at just the right time.

This may be something everyone and their grandmother could say, but my life literally turned upside down in less than a month.

I lost my job, poetry and therapy-all the things that kept me going. I've never been this scared in my life.

Battling a mental illness with no ability to go to therapy (temporarily) has definitely made the situation ten times harder.

Being able to spend time with you and Livi has been beyond helpful during this horrible time.

You guys have become a huge part of my life.

I don't have any biological siblings, but you have become a big sister to me.

Getting to spend the night at your place and turn a living room into a poetry session has helped tremendously in this transition to new life.

You've helped me through so many things, even before COVID-19.

Thank you for giving me the reassurance I need when my brain goes to that ugly place. Thank you for super tight hugs. Thank you for the endless laughs. Thank you for the late-night phone calls when everything hits me all at once.

Thank you for being my go-to girl in any situation.

Wait, where do I look? I don't understand Androids!

Once this whole thing is over, I can't wait for trips to the creek!

I can't wait to take Livi to the park and take turns pushing her on the swing!

I can't wait for Dollar Tree runs for more Red Bulls where one of us has to lift the other up to reach the ones stuck on the top shelf!

I can't wait for trips to the beach where I get to bury you in the sand and do everything in my power to get on your nerves and you can't do anything to stop me because you're buried in the sand!

Mainly, I can't wait to see you again; you're truly one of my favorite people.

I love you so much, and I'll see you soon!