I'd Rather Be Single Until I Find The One

It doesn't mean I'm picky or have commitment issues.

97

Your twenties can be a really weird time in our lives.

Some of us are getting married. Some of us are having kids. Some of us are getting engaged. Some of us are still in our hooking up phase. Some of us, like me, are just chilling with a glass of wine.

Throughout all of the craziness that happens while you are in your twenties, I believe that everyone has an end goal of finding the one you want to be with for the rest of your life. Someone you can grow old with. Someone you can raise kids with. Someone who will always be there for through good times and bad times.

A lot of my friends are in relationships. I'm happy for all of them and wouldn't want to have it any different but it can be hard to be the single friend all of the time when you just want to have someone else to share your life with.

In today's relationship culture for the gay community, a lot of gay men in their twenties would rather just hook up with each other than get into a serious relationship. There are some gay men who will do relationships but it seems like those guys are becoming a rare breed more and more every day.

At this point in my life, I'd rather be single until I find the one.

I'm not going to waste my time anymore with guys who don't want to be in a relationship at all. I'm also not going to waste my time anymore with guys who don't want the end goal of a relationship to be an engagement that will lead to marriage. I want to get married someday. I want to have kids. I want all of that stuff.

Some people may think I'm just being picky with the guys I want to date and be in a relationship with. Some people may say I have commitment issues just because I don't want to get in a relationship with every guy I talk to.

I know I am still young but I feel like I'm at the point where I don't want to waste my time anymore. If I want to be in a relationship with you, that means I have an end goal and purpose. I don't want to be in dating and in relationships just for fun. I don't want to be in dating and in relationships just so I'm not single and alone. I have a purpose for it all.

I can't wait until I find the guy who is perfect for me but until then I'll be single and I'm totally okay with that.