Single. Taken. Taking On The World.

Single. Taken. Taking On The World.

A woman is unstoppable after she realizes she deserves better.

20
Single. Taken. Taking On The World.
Nikki Jilek

This topic is something that has been on my heart for some time now. I've always struggled with how to convey my thoughts and my mindset on this topic. But I'm going to try my best.

Why is it so important, or a problem, to be single? Why is it the goal of so many woman to get into a relationship? Many of us, as woman, have this great desire to get into a relationship, get married, and have children. Don't get me wrong, all these things are wonderful and there is nothing wrong with wanting these things. But I believe we limit our dreams based on these desires.

So often, woman get caught up waiting to be in a relationship that they miss out on using their time of singleness. I would get so caught up in wanting to be in relationship that it was all I could ever think about. Instead of thinking about the ways I could impact this world and make a difference, I would daydream about my future husband or if any guy showed me any interest I would become honestly obsessive over the idea of getting into a relationship with that person. Countless times I would get caught up in waiting and wanting to be in a relationship that I would miss out on creating dreams and challenging myself to grow as an individual.

“I am enough. I am full of sparkle and of compassion. I genuinely want to make the world a better place. I love hard. I practice kindness. I am not afraid of the truth. I am loyal, adventurous, supporting, and surprising. I am enough. I make mistakes, but I own them and I learn from them. And sometimes I make a lot of mistakes. But I am enough.” ~Molly Mahar

The mindset that the best thing you can do is to become a wife and mother is false. Yes, these are great things to be but we can do so much more with our lives. We were created to do wonderful and magical things for this world. We have a power in us that is kind and gentle but strong.

Also, when you have this mindset you end up settling. Settling for a guy who doesn't treat you like the queen you are. Settling for the guy who doesn't deserve you. So often I hear stories of women who give up on their dreams because they get into a relationship and become consumed with it that they forget about the dreams they once had. They get caught up with the dreams of their significant other that they lose their own dreams.

All of this is coming from a girl who isn't single. I have been in a loving relationship for about 7 months and from the beginning we discussed our big dreams and things we want to accomplish in our lives. So, instead of changing our dreams for each other we encourage each other to follow our separate dreams. Yes, these dreams take us away from one another and that's hard but we know the importance and power of using our lives to make a difference.

I decided a long time ago that I was not going to be a woman that relies on the dreams of her relationship but on the dreams to travel the world, expand my horizon, and make a difference. My dream is to use my time of singleness is to take on this world.

I challenge you all to do the same.