As Valentine's Day approaches, everyone sees the chocolate displays and the overflowing shelves of stuffed animals. They smell the overpowering scent of every flower in existence while at the grocery store and struggle to find a candy bar that is not heart-shaped. All of these sights and experiences grow to be quite irritating for all the lonely souls out there as they rush to the self-checkout all alone. They persist in fighting against the urge to buy those overpriced Dove chocolates after all and just for their sweet Valentine: themselves.
So, without further ado, here is the perfect playlist for all of you looking to sulk your way through Valentine's Day.
1. "La Vie En Rose" by Daniela Andrade
The French phrase 'la vie en rose' directly translates to 'life in pink'. All singles' lives are drowned in pink packaging around this time of year, so in a way you're living your own 'life in pink'. I suppose it isn't the exact same...
2. "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Dave Thomas Junior
No, you can't make them love you if they don't, BUT what if you have no one to begin with? You've lucked out, my friend!
3. "The Night We Met" by Lord Huron
Correction: "The Night You Met Nobody"
4. "I Want To Know What Love Is" by Foreigner
This is a classic song for a classic cry. Grab your tissues now.
5. "Someone You Loved" by Lewis Capaldi
Not only is Capaldi's voice gonna make you weep, but so is the fact that the word 'loved' is most definitely in past tense.
6. "Where's My Love" by SYML
... I feel as though the title is self-explanatory.
7. "Almost Lover" by A Fine Frenzy
The key word here is 'almost'.
8. "Love Stinks" by J. Geils Band
Yes, yes it does stink, and we are here for it.
9. "Hello" by Adele
What would I be doing if Adele, the queen of wallowing, didn't make it on this playlist? Listen and weep, my friends.
10. "All By Myself" by Celine Dion
Celine Dion always makes for a good sob session, right? All. By. Yourself.
11. "Landfill" by Daughter
Literally, the first line of this song is "throw me in the landfill". I suppose you may very well feel like trash right now...
12. "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran
Oh, Ed... Please, give these people love.
13. "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles
OK, OK, for your last song, let's get a little bit more joyous, shall we? This song is upbeat, it's catchy, and you can relate to Sara Bareilles. She didn't want to write a love song and you don't have anyone to write a love song about.
Happy Valentine's Day, all you crazy singles! Just be glad you don't have to share your chocolates.
- 27 Lovely Ways To Spend Valentines Day If You're Single ›
- The Single Girl's Valentine's Day - Ideas - Things to Do ›
- Sad Love Songs That Make You Cry - Sad Songs For Broken Hearts ... ›
- 65 Best Breakup Songs of All Time - Sad Love Songs for a Broken ... ›
- 50 Sad Songs That Will Make You Cry | Billboard ›
- Sad Love Songs for Crying yourself to Sleep : 'Just Cry, Sad Songs ... ›
- Cimorelli - Single On Valentine's Day (Official Music Video) - YouTube ›
- Your Guide to Being Single on Valentine's Day ›
- 30 Things to Do When You're Single on Valentine's Day | MyDomaine ›
- Here's what you should do if you're single on Valentine's Day ... ›