14 Ideas For Your Day If You're Single On February 14th

You don't need an S.O. to have a good time!

49

Valentine's Day is here and it can be a bummer if you're single. However, you don't need a significant other to make the most out of this Hallmark holiday. A little creativity goes a long way, and it could be the perfect time to treat yourself.

What can you do for yourself this V-day? Here's 14 things to get you started.

Treat yo'self with a spa day.

Whether you go out or stay in for a spa day, you still need that relaxation time for yourself.

If you decide to do an at-home spa day, put on a face mask, get in the bubble bath (with some Epson salt), light the candles, turn on some music, and pour a glass of wine.. or the whole bottle - you're single after all.

Guys, you might want to buy a toy boat for your bubble bath. And learn from Chandler's mistake - let the Epson salt dissolve first or it'll get into some weird places.

Play 'Tinder Roulette'

commons.wikimedia.org

Grab your single friends and get on Tinder! It's a perfect game for your Galentine's Day festivities and is fun for everyone.

The rules for the game are simple:

You are not allowed to see the profile pictures of the profile being read. The only friend that initially sees the picture is the one that has your phone and is reading the profile to the group. Then all your friends, except you, see the picture before everyone casts their vote for a Swipe Right or a Swipe Left.

If there's no match, you don't have anything to worry about. However, if there is, you better hope your friends had good judgement.

This game could easily work for the guys too, but I know there's no official single guys' term like the girls have. Can we make 'Malentine's Day' a thing for the males of the world?

Take a social media detox.

We both know that social media will be absolutely bombarded with cute couple pics and after a while, you just don't want to see it. It's OK if seeing couples having fun and being lovey-dovey makes you sad right now, because it's a reminder that you're by yourself.

Just don't let it affect your mood to the point that you're eating ice cream while bingeing Nicholas Sparks movies. It'll just make the whole situation worse.

Laugh it up with some comedy specials.

There's a lot to choose from on Netflix as far as comedy specials go. Personally, I like Bert Kreischer, Iliza Schlesinger, and Ali Wong. I watch their specials on repeat, and it's gotten to the point where their specials are my designated background noise for when it's time to go to bed... and for when I'm getting ready in the morning.

Give yourself a new look.

Get your hair done, get your nails done, whatever to get you out of the house and enjoy the day. You don't have to stay in and be 100 percent by yourself. Sometimes being around and talking to strangers at a salon really brightens your day.

Just make sure that whatever you do is for you, or you might have some regrets afterwards.

Express your creative side.

Photo by Yannis Papanastasopoulos on Unsplash

Surely you have a lot of feelings to express during this time of year, especially after facing your family's questions when you didn't bring someone home for the holidays. Art, in any form, is a great way to express what you're feeling, and can be calming and therapeutic.

Go buy a sketchbook, coloring book, or go as far as buying some painting materials, and get to work!

Just remember that you don't have to be good at art to do this. If it helps, turn on a Bob Ross video and see what happens!

Revamp your personal space.

Photo by Jonny Caspari on Unsplash

In a way, redecorating can be like a fresh start. You might not admit it now, but you've at least thought about moving some things around. If you're not doing anything for Valentine's Day and you'll be home anyway, why not try it out and see what happens?

Maybe once you're finished and confident with your space, that'll put you in the right mindset to try new things and put yourself out there. It's always the small things that make a big difference and for you, this might be it!

Take the day to volunteer.

Just because you're not feeling too hot on V-Day doesn't mean you can't feel fulfilled in another way. Go out and help others, whether it be at a food pantry, a pet shelter, nursing home, etc. Give your heart to those in need.

Go for a night on the town.

Grab some friends and go out to the bars! It's guaranteed that your friend group won't be the only one, so maybe you'll meet someone and talk over a Jack and Coke, or a guy can "teach" you how to play pool even though, in reality, he doesn't know you can actually hustle him on the DL.

Pet-sit or baby-sit for a friend.

If you don't have any plans for Valentine's Day, but your friends do, help them out a little. They might have a pet or a child of their own that you can watch while they're partaking in Valentine's Day festivities elsewhere. They get to go about their plans, and you get payed for playing with a pet or putting a child to bed.

Seems like a fair trade.

Spend your day at an art gallery or museum.

Photo by Dannie Jing on Unsplash

Getting out of the house is a great distraction for this type of occasion, and going to a museum accomplishes that and delivers a calm and relaxing day, with a dash of education. You may question it now but you'll probably like it more than you expect.

Have a movie marathon.

johnny depp GIFGiphy

Pick your favorite series or saga and run with it. That celebrity crush you have? Watch movies and shows that they've starred in. You might be alone this year but at least the view on your screen will be great!

Treat yo'self in the kitchen with some treats.

Try out baking! There are tons of simple recipes that are just a Google search away that could result in a savory snack. Cookies, brownies, cakes, whatever floats your boat. An important thing to remember, like art, is that you don't have to necessarily be good at it. Just follow the recipe exactly and everything should go smoothly.

Maybe at the end of it all, you'll have a new and fun hobby for yourself!

Still doubting it? You know there's some stuff that you've seen on Pinterest and TikTok that you've been wanting to try. Just do it - it's time.

Actually go on a date.

Photo by Alan Quirvan on Unsplash

I know, when you hear "single on Valentine's Day" you normally don't think of going on a date on Valentine's Day. However, a date is just that - a date. There's no commitment and you're just testing the waters, and hey, what if something good comes out of it?

It doesn't have to be too serious like a romantic dinner where you're both dressed up, but you should definitely make a good first impression so that your dating period starts off on a positive note.