The Single Mom Life

The Single Mom Life

You are not the only single mom that has some struggles.

461
The Single Mom Life
single parenting tips

Being a single parent has to be one of the hardest jobs on the planet. I know many of you that read that sentence are saying "what, how?" Well, think of it as this, picture you have to raise a little human being all by your self with no help from the other parent or even any other family members. Think about the financial aspect, having to clothe, feed, and provide any other financial things they may need. Also, if you are a college student with no financial aid, that costs much more money. You will have to most likely find a job, or two who knows maybe more, the thought of it alone is expensive and may be hard to juggle. As a single parent myself, I get overwhelmed with everything I have going on. However, I am grateful for the mother I have standing by my side to help me.

As we all know there are only 24 hours in a day, however when you are a single parent majority of the time is being spent being a parent. Whether it's making sure that they eat, they are dressed, dropping and picking them up from school, disciplining them and giving them love and affection. That is a lot and most times it seems that as parents, 24 hours in a day is just not enough time to accomplish everything. As a single mom, I sometimes feel that I have to balance parenting and other things like schooling. One way I try to balance the two is when my daughter is sleep that is the time I choose to have me time and do productive things I need to do things. For instance, college homework. Also, I try to do my work when my daughter is watching her favorite show which is Mickey Mouse or Curious George, or even when she is busy playing with her toys. As single parents, it is very important that we find ways to balance our parenting time and work or even school. Sometimes as single parents we wonder if there will ever be a right time to start dating . I know for me I'm not going to date anyone that doesn't accept my daughter or doesn't understand that she comes first. Also, if I get the feeling that the person I'm dating is someone I will pursue for a long time I will not bring them around my child. My daughter is 2 years old and I've admitted I have dated, however I have never brought anyone around my child that isn't family or friends and that could be because I simply don't trust my child around anyone but a select few. You can never be too safe these days.

As single parents, don't think of it as a let down because you are doing it all alone, think of it as a job that was given to you because you are a strong and striving woman and many others couldn't possibly handle the job that you get to do.