Being Single During "Cuffing Season," As Told By Michael Scott

Seeing couples in public just makes you want to scream.
457

It's that time of the year again-- the infamous "cuffing season." The cold winter months have single people everywhere longing to be "cuffed" or "tied down" by a significant other. While I'm not necessarily longing, I will admit it can be a little lonely.

Michael Scott would agree.

1. You attempt to shoot your shot at someone and end up getting r-e-j-e-c-t-e-d.

We've all been there.

2. Seeing couples in public just makes you want to scream.

Come on, guys.

3. You try to talk to someone you find attractive and end up getting nervous and tongue-tied.

That's a little embarrassing.

4. Your friends in relationships go out on dates and you don't want to be a third wheel...

But it's still distressing.

5. You make an effort to suppress your emotions.

And go a little overboard.

6. Then you find yourself reminiscing and shoot your ex a text.

Yikes.

7. Eventually, you come to your senses and realize #6 was a mistake.

You're better than that.

8. Sometimes you just want to eat your feelings.

Bring out the Ben and Jerry's.

9. You get in your "feels."

We all do sometimes.

10. But you realize you're just being dramatic.

It's not that serious.

12. You don't need another person to validate your being.

It's overrated, anyway.

11. You've got great friends who are there to laugh and cry with you.

They can be the best company.

12. You know your self-worth.

Treat yo'self.

13. You're...

14. And you know there's no need to desperately search because...

Being single isn't the worst thing in the world! Love yourself, and the rest will follow.