8 New Year's Resolutions For Single Girls About Love

8 New Year's Resolutions That Every Single College Girl Should Make In 2019

This is your year.

11

Despite what you have probably been repeatedly preached, starting off the new year single doesn't suck. You may not have a definite New Year's Eve kiss, but you have plenty of opportunities to improve yourself and succeed in your goals, without the obligations of a relationship holding you down.

1. Dedicate more time to your friends.

When you're in a relationship, friendships can fall to the back burner. Single life is the perfect opportunity to invest more time in your friendships. Whether it's staying in or going out, organizing a wine night or a study session, make your friends a priority this year.

2. Have more confidence with guys and dating.

Text a crush from class first. Don't be afraid to leave a situation that doesn't feel right, of losing a date out of fear that you won't get another. Even if you get turned down, deal with confrontation, or remain single for a while, things will work out.

3. Break a bad habit.

The "New Year, New Me" mentality can often be daunting (and very ridiculous). The reality is, you are still you, faults and all. But making a goal to change one thing that's been holding you back can be helpful. Maybe this is going out for more, or procrastinating on studying, or a personal thing you really want to change, for yourself.

4. Improve your study and work habits.

This is the year to succeed in academics and career. Don't let procrastination and laziness hold you back. Get organized and get your goals accomplished.

5. Go on dates.

Don't make your goal to get into a relationship. But being single doesn't mean locking yourself off from possibilities. Get to know different people and options. Whether this is simply casual, disastrous, or has the potential to develop into more, don't try to force anything, and remember that everything is a learning experience.

6. Learn a new skill (or improve an old one).

When you're single, your schedule is yours. Why not take the opportunity to learn a new skill or hone in an old one that you've abandoned? It doesn't have to be a huge conquest that feels impossible. Take painting or cooking classes. Dedicate time every day to learn a new language.

7. Don't be afraid to try some new styles.

Get some bold lipstick, spice up your wardrobe, take some style risks.

8. Treat yourself.

Whether this means taking yourself out to dinner once in a while or having a face mask and Sex and the City marathon night, invest time in giving yourself the treatment you deserve.