11 Facts When You're The Only Single Friend, As Told By Liz Lemon

Confidence and stability in being single? I want to go to there.

89
Reddit

In college, there are two types of girls — girls in relationships, and girls not in relationships. When you're single on a campus it can feel like you're a minority. Every girl has experienced this, but then out of nowhere, one by one, each of your friends started wearing more and going out less, and suddenly you're somehow the only single one left.

In case you didn't know, Liz Lemon is the greatest gift Tina Fey has given us since being born (sorry Mean Girls). Through multiple relationships across 9 glorious seasons of "30 Rock," Liz lemon still is the ultimate single girl. Although "30 Rock" has been canceled for over four years, it somehow still manages to be relatable AF.

1. When your friend asks if she can set you up with someone.

2. When they don't listen to you and ambush you with someone anyways.

FYI, he is not cuter in person.

3. Thinking about all that money you're saving by not having to spend it on a significant other.

Just think about all the birthday's, anniversaries, Valentine's days or Christmas presents you don't have to worry about. That in itself is reason enough to be single.

4. Not even remembering the last time you even had a girls' night.

You're happy they have someone else they can force to watch that show you hate with, but you miss those nights where it was just the girls without so much as a mention of their boyfriends' names.

5. Seriously don't they have anything to talk about besides their boyfriends.

What did they use as talking points before they had boyfriends? It's genuinely hard to think of what Brooke used to talk about besides what Jeremy had for lunch.

6. When all your friends go out without you, because it was a "couples thing" and "didn't want you to feel awkward."

It wasn't awkward before but now it is, so thanks for that.

7. When *that* holiday inevitably comes around.

Happy Anna Howard Shaw Day! Suck it, Cupid.

8. Trying to comfort your friend after her and her boyfriend have another fight.

Either apologize or break up with him, I can't take this anymore.

9. Seeing a cute boy on campus and for .2 seconds wishing you were in a relationship.

Was that cute boy always in your Chemistry class?

10. But, then the thought of purposely putting up with a male at this point in your life makes your stomach physically ill.

Not worth the stomach ache or the headache, tbh.

11. And you remember how happy you are by yourself and wouldn't change a thing.

Yes to being independent! Yes to being happy with yourself! Yes to being a good friend!