Being Single Doesn't Mean Being Lonely, It Means The World Is Completely Open And Ready For You

You may be alone, but it doesn’t have to mean you're lonely.

900
Madisson Morris

Many think that being single is just what you call the time in-between partners or the time that you’re searching for the next person to share your life with, but I beg to differ. To me, being single is so much more than that. It’s full of life and more love than you could imagine, but this time, it's self-love. It’s endless fun with no strings attached. You’re free to take off tomorrow without a word or a plan in mind or shut off your phone and not leave your bed for a week.

Being single has taught me how to love myself when no one else is there to do it for me. I take more time for myself and focus on what makes me happy. I am always on my own time and never rush through anything. My schedule revolves around my own personal priorities more than ever before. Being selfish has never felt so good.

I learned to love alone time. I finally realized it doesn’t mean that you’re lonely. It’s so much more than consuming yourself with your responsibilities, it’s your time to find yourself within your responsibilities and hobbies. It’s the time you get to reflect on your independence and be proud of your own personal strength. You may be alone, but it doesn’t have to mean lonely.

Being single is about focusing on yourself and living your life to the fullest. There is no one holding you back but yourself when you’re single. It’s the time you can take risks and you’re the only one who learns from your mistakes. I have never felt more spontaneous and free to do or go wherever I want. I think of being single like the time you own your whole heart.

Single doesn’t mean lonely because being single means the world is completely open and ready to be whatever you want to make of it. Finally realizing that single isn’t a negative in my life has changed my life for the better. Find the happy in yourself and be adventurous. Go out of your way to meet people, take risks and don’t be afraid of trying something new. Being single is your time and you should make the most of it.

Sometimes being single can feel hopeless and lonely but reminding yourself that this isn’t just time for searching for someone, but it’s time to enjoy your own happiness with the people in your life who you love most. Making more time for your family and friends is the key to loving single.

Start at your roots and don’t be afraid to branch out and make new friends. You’ll be surprised how quickly you feel surrounded by people. Take advantage of being on your own and just remind yourself that single doesn’t have to mean lonely.