Sincerely, The Little Girl In Pink Tails

You may not have much, but together we have it all.

22
Kerisa Garcia Photography

This isn’t your typical my mother is my best friend article. That’s something we already know. My mother is 110% my absolute best friend but, that's not the point of this article. My mother is absolutely amazing and she doesn’t even realize it. The definition of a mother can go one of many ways. A mother is someone who loves with no boundaries.

10 reasons why my mother is greater than she could ever imagine.

1. Her love is unconditional

Loving someone is a choice, but when you’re a mother you love to no extent. Nothing in the world could ever break their love. Having someone who loves you more than she loves herself speaks volumes. If it isn’t carrying you for 9 months on top of that to giving birth to you. She’s literally felt the worst pain with having you possible but yet still loves you unconditionally.

2. She sacrifices anything for her kids

Being a mother you don’t always get to go and do what you want. A mother is the one who would sacrifice her very last piece of clothing to warm her child. Her kids are first, no matter what happens in life. She gives up her last $10 so you can go out with your friends but made sure you didn’t know that was her last $10 for the rest of the week.

3. There is no being selfish

Mom’s are never selfish. The last person they think about are themselves. They put your happiness, health, and love before their own always. They would never get up and leave their kids. Their kids are first priority.

4. They push you to be better than them

They can give you hard love at times, only because they want the best for you. They want to make sure you got the life they never had. They make sure you don’t ever repeat their mistakes.

5. They know you better than you know yourself

They finish your sentences. They know when you’re sad, happy, when you’re a bit moody. They know when you need to be pulled aside just for a hug or even a cry. You’re basically the same person. She sees herself in you.

6. Your #1 fan

Since you were little you wanted to be a princess like in a disney story, your mom bought you a tiara. When you had to sing about careers in kindergarten and decided that day you wanted to be a teacher. She told you to rock those cute fake little glasses. Supported you at every sporting event, bragged about you to all her friends on Facebook. The one who is your biggest support system when you’re so uncertain of something but tells you to take a leap into faith. She supports you even when you know you’re about to get burned. She will be the first one sharing this article. lol

7. She gives you hope

When you feel like everything is crashing down around you she tells you to keep pushing forward, that tomorrow will be a better day. She makes you understand that people will hurt you, but your heart is too pure to break. She make sure you believe in fairytales (because darlin’ that is exactly what you deserve)

8. She makes you appreciate the small things in life

She make sure you know the value of a simple photograph. A simple smile can make someone's day. Waking up to made coffee. Going to bed with freshly cleaned sheets. The sweet notes on the napkin in the lunch she made you. She makes you realize it’s the small things.

9. She makes you fear no pain

If it from her battle scars of heartbreak, divorce, or just life turning upside down. She fears nothing and she makes sure you’re just as fearless or if not more. She makes you fearless because she knows what it’s like to be on rock bottom and knows you’re strong just like her; that you’ll get through anything. She makes sure you have a heart of gold and an attitude of a savage.

10. She’s the one who will always be there

If it’s only a call away, a few steps into the next room. She is always there. She’s there to love you and hold you always. She’s there to make sure you have a roof over your head and food in your tummy. She’s the one who make sure you’re always smiling. She’s the one who is there through every bad test grade, break-up, failed attempt, and bad choice. She’s there to pick up the pieces and keep you moving along the way. She’s there through the good and bad. She wouldn’t choose life any differently. She’s proud to have you, she’s proud of the beautiful young lady you’re turning into. She cries at the nights going through old baby books because she can’t believe you’re already this young adult. She can’t believe you’re not that cute little girl in her pink tails carrying around her favorite barbie doll. No matter what, she’s always there. To watch you grow each and everyday. To take on life with you. She’s there. Always have been and always will be.

~You may not have much, but together we have it all.

Thank you for always loving me unconditionally. I hope to be lucky enough one day to even be half the mother you are.

Sincerely,

The little girl in pink tails