10 Reasons Why The Sims World Is Better Than Ours

Have you ever thought about wanting to be a sim? If not, you might think so now.

110
Keen Gamer

Silently I've been sitting in my room playing one of my favorite games, The Sims 4. Basically the game is just living a virtual life however you please. Whether you want to be an astronaut, a singer, or even a secret agent, The Sims is the game for you. But something about the game has come to my attention.

Whoever made the Sims universe based it on real life. Of course, there are many ways that the Sims world is different. In real life there isn't cow plants or the Grim Reaper at the gym (which is one of my favorite parts of the game). If people acted in real life like they do in the Sims world, things would be so much better.

Here are a few reasons why the Sims world is so much better than ours.

1. You can date whoever.

One cool part of Sims is stating what your sexual orientation is doesn't exist. As a sim, you flirt with whoever and whenever you want. You don't have to declare your sexual orientation when you create a sim. In our world, people are obsessed with asking and understanding who people are attracted to. In real life, I never actually came out as bisexual ,and when I started dating a girl nobody second guessed it. A case like that is rare. Society has decided that to date anybody that isn't of the opposite gender you have to announce you're sexual orientation. I wish we lived in a world where you could love who you love and not get questioned. Plus the weddings in that game are pretty cool.

2. You can be whatever you want to be.

As I mentioned earlier, you can be everything from an astronaut to a crime boss. It doesn't matter if you're a guy or a girl, old or young (well, of course you can't have a job as a baby). Sims go to elementary school and high school, but never to college. They learn on the job and get different types of skills throughout activities in their lives. One cool thing about the job system too is that both men and women get paid equally. How amazing is that? And getting promotions isn't too hard. Only if life had equal job opportunity for everybody. That would be fantastic. Oh, and artists aren't starving, they're actually pretty well off in the Sims.

3. Money galore.

In The Sims, there's a cheat called "motherload" and also a cheat called "rosebud." The two cheat codes will give your sim as much money as you want. Of course, this could never happen in real life, but it makes sims not care as much about money. Sure, it's good to be rich, but it's better to have a good family or delicious food. Sims are so carefree and they work even though they don't need to (I have to admit, I do use the cheat a lot). If you would like, you could play the game how you're supposed to play it, but these cheats allow you to play the game at the fullest potential and let your sims enjoy their lives.

4. Pregnancy is only a few days.

For all the mothers out there, wouldn't it be great if you got pregnant and had a child a few days later? Sounds fantastic. I couldn't believe how long pregnancy must feel. The pain, the morning sickness. Ew. Pregnancy and having children is so much easier in The Sims! You don't even have to buy new clothes; they just grow with you. It's amazing. Just imagine it. At the same time, we may have more children than we know what to do with. Maybe we can just lock them in a room and starve them to death? Just kidding, please don't do that to your kids.

5. Look however you want without judgement.

Ever look at your outfit and wonder what your friends would think if you wore it out of the house? Me too. One great aspect of The Sims is that you can wear whatever you want and nobody will judge you. The only thing the sims care about is personality. So what if you have blue skin or if you're "overweight"? As long as you're a nice sim, you'll get friends and probably even a romantic relationship. In our world, we always look at somebody first before getting to know them. We don't approach anybody without a bias. It may be part of our "biology" or whatever, but in The Sims, judgement doesn't exist. Sure, you can get into fights with other sims and feel embarrassment, but in the end, judgement is something not in the sim world.

6. Relationships are easy.

In real life, asking somebody out takes so much bravery, and the idea is often given up on. People then ask to do things like "Netflix 'n chill" and so on. In The Sims, you just have to flirt, kiss, and start dating. Simple as that. Real life relationships are way too complicated. People sometimes have issues with communicating, which keeps people from achieving successful relationships. Sims relationships are so easygoing and their love is strong for one another. Also, your sim can only get pregnant if you choose to "try for a baby." Don't worry about birth control or condoms!

7. You can make children grow up.

Sick of having your kid be a toddler? Want them to be able to get an after school job and make your household some money? Introducing the Sims aging up tool! When a Sim is a baby, at least in The Sims 4, they're really boring. They just sit in their crib and you can't really control what they're doing. If I'm sick of changing diapers then I can just age my kid up and now he's magically not a toddler. Sick of that? Make them a teen. I love being able to skip that time between ages 10–14 when children are very sassy and disrespectful (not all of them, just the one's I've encountered). Imagine that in real life. Being a parent would be so much easier.

8. Food is easy to make.

I've always loved cooking, but it takes so much time and lots of skill. In the world of The Sims, food comes easy. Go to your fridge, pick a recipe, and 10 minutes later you have an amazing gourmet dish. Every time you cook, you gain skill. You even gain skill watching the cooking channel. Sounds like a good plan to me. It is pretty funny to watch your sims cook when they're at a lower level. They very often have to scrape things off of the pan they're cooking on.

9. No crime or punishment.

There's no such thing as murder or theft in The Sims. Your sims don't have to be afraid of somebody breaking into their house when they're asleep or off at work. You don't even have to lock your doors. And no, The Sims world doesn't have a purge that magically drops crime rates. There's just no crime. I don't think a zero crime rate could ever happen, but The Sims are doing something right. No crime in sight. There is a dlc you can download that allows your sim to have a police job, but it simulates crime within other communities.

10. Consensual sex.

One last point I would like to cover is that sex or "woohoo" in The Sims is always consensual. Imagine how great that would be if that happened in real life? When you ask another sim to have "woohoo," they have to 100 percent accept it before going along with it. In real life, it is only sometimes like this. Sounds amazing.

Overall The Sims universe is just a really shiny sparkling futuristic idea a lot of people in the world today hold. We hope that one day there will be zero percent unemployment, no crime, tons of money, etc. Somehow The Sims achieved it. I wish it was just that easy for us.