Simplicity Is The Key To Brilliance

Simplicity Is The Key To Brilliance

When we simplify the complicated problems we ae faced with, our lives change drastically for the positive.

2853
Simplicity Is The Key To Brilliance
wallpapersafari.com

As we move through our lives, we find that we are almost constantly faced with new kinds of challenges. These can be challenges both within our comfort zone, and out of it. We are sometimes fortunate and have few problems to solve, leaving us with the ability to focus in on them more, and relieve our selves from the many stresses. However other times it seems we are weighted down with too many problems to even function. We don't know what to focus on, or how to come up for a solution to even one of them. We look to see if others around us are having problems similar, but more and more we realize that other people have their own issues to deal with. This phase of trying to find solutions in our lives leads to over thinking, and as we understand the issues at hand less and less, the complicated they seem to get more and more.

A few years ago I read a famous quote by Bruce Lee in a book and it said "Simplicity is the key to brilliance." At first glance this seemed very basic and, well, simple. I took it literally and figured Bruce Lee must have been talking about just living a simple life, with simple material items, and simple feelings, and simple everything. But more and more that quote stuck in my head and I found myself analyzing it for days and days after I had read it. How could anyone live like that, and how could it be the root to brilliance?

Before we answer this question, there is some math we are going to do. Instead of the problem, I am going to give two answers in the form of fractions-

428/856

or

1/2

Its an easy math solution, and one lesson that probably stuck with us all since middle school 'to always simplify our problems'. At first glance the first option is two large numbers, intimidating and loud, much like the many problems we face in our lives. But the second option is familiar and known. We have seen 1/2 many times, come out of many different problems. We see that when we break down and simplify the scarier problem, we end up with a known and familiar easy fraction.

Life isn't so much different. When we apply simplicity to the complicated parts of our lives we begin to see something incredible happen before our eyes. Our difficult and tiresome problems become manageable and easier to accomplish. We see the truth more as to how we can truly attain what it is we wish to attain. We start to understand our thinking more, which is key to controlling ourselves and our very thoughts that guide us. The confusing and hard to interpret feelings we find the source of losing ourselves to, become solid, known emotions that we no longer have to question. The hectic and stressful lives we once led, are know challenges we look forward to facing, for we have a simplified answer.

We read and see these corny sayings like "follow your heart" and "listen to your body", but do any of us actually do those things? Do we really give them a second thought once we hear them, or do we roll eyes and laugh? The truth is, many of our problem's solutions lie directly inside of us, it is simply a matter of unlocking them.

Next time a challenges arises, and your mind goes immediately into over-thinking mode, take a minute and ask yourself if there is a simpler solution to the problem. What can you do to simplify the challenge you are facing, and when the truth comes to you, do not hesitate to act upon it. Our lives are not meant to be complicated, they are meant to be what we make them. Remember always- you do not always have complete control over a situation, however you do have complete control over how you react upon it.

"Simplicity is the key to brilliance." -Bruce Lee