A Simple Truth Can Change You

A Simple Truth Can Change You

"Live simply so that others may simply live."
2

A simple truth can change one's whole life. A simple word can change one's life. A simple thought can change everything. "Live simply so that others may simply live." Usually, the things I think about are never simple. When I think about one thing, it leads to a million other thoughts. And, because of that, I often lie awake late at night just thinking-- sometimes about the most random things.

However, one simple truth that I have learned is that I'm better than my mistakes. But alone, I'm not. Only with God am I better than my mistakes. Because of Him, I can rest in forgiveness, and one day I won't have to live worrying if I have made a mistake.

Every day is a constant struggle to be the perfect person; but, thankfully, God doesn't call us to be that. God sent His only Son so that we would have salvation, so that we would be free. Being free doesn't mean we can do what we want. We still have to abide by God and follow Him; but, through grace and love, he allows us forgiveness.

My loving Savior teaches me every day what it means to be loved and how to love. Sometimes, I catch myself with an attitude that shocks me. What I mean when I say it shocks me is that I don't know why I act so terribly. Then I remember, I am only human. I mess up-- all of the time. I let the devil get his grip on me, and I fall into temptation.

I'm blessed to say that I have a God who is willing to pull me out of my sin and temptation no matter how many times I fall. I fall, and He lifts me up. I don't deserve anything He gives me-- not the love, not the forgiveness, not the comfort. I deserve much less. But, He loves me anyways. He forgives me anyways. He provides me comfort anyways. And for that, I can't be thankful enough.

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." -Psalms 143:8