5 Similarities Between Pokémon Go And Dating

What does playing Pokemon Go say about your love life?

16
Forbes Magazine

Strangely enough, Pokemon Go has a lot of similarities between you and your dating life. It may not be scientifically proven, but I believe those who play Pokemon Go reveal a lot about themselves in regards to their love life. Here are five theories about those who play Pokemon Go.

1. You are loyal. For months the Pokemon Go app has continued on without any new updates or new Pokemon (until recently), yet you kept the app downloaded on your phone, remaining loyal to its fanbase. While many grew impatient and bored with the game, you decided it was worth the wait. Being patient and loyal with a game could possibly show that you're loyal as a person as well, willing to wait for that special someone to come along.

2. You go the distance. Just like your relationship with your significant other, you are willing to travel at any distance necessary for them. Similar to Pokemon Go, you travel the distance as well. You can go on walks for catching some rare Pokemon, or you need to hatch that 10K egg.

3. Like the Pokemon, your relationship is always evolving. There is dedication and effort made to evolve your Pokemon. You work hard towards getting the candies and catching all the other Pokemon. Just like Pokemon Go, you and your significant other work hard, staying dedicated, preparing yourselves for the next step, whatever that may be.

4. You become better over time. The first time you enter Pokemon Go, you have a little uncertainty about things, like how to throw a spinning Pokeball, or how to incubate an egg. Eventually, you become well accustomed to playing the game. Oddly enough, dating is just like this: you first start out a little nervous, not entirely aware of what to expect; you're not entirely certain of some things. But eventually, you get better at it.

5. Be alert and aware of your surroundings. While dating, it's best to always pay attention to what the partner is saying; otherwise, there may be trouble along the way. When you are with them, be alert and never enter any "dangerous" areas such politics, kids, or meeting the parents. In Pokemon Go, there is not really a general difference, meaning, when you play the game, it also reminds you to be aware of your surroundings and avoid dangerous areas.

Again, this is a bit of a far fetched analogy, but hopefully, some of these statements are oddly true. What other similarities are there between dating and playing Pokemon Go?