Signs You are an Introvert

Signs You are an Introvert

When people ask why you're late for something, you tell them that you were stuck in traffic but really it was because you didn't want to come.

5
Signs You are an Introvert
Katie Madigan

1. Your favorite place in the whole world is your bedroom.

2. Talking on the phone is the scariest thing on the planet.

3. You get stressed out in groups of four or more people.

4. The thought of actually speaking in a group of four or more people is enough to leave you quaking in your boots.

5. You despise confrontation in any way, shape, or form.

6. Again, phones are scary.

7. You stand by the food or drink table at parties.

8. OR... you find one friend at a party and latch onto them for the entire night.

9. The art of talking to strangers is a mystery to you.

10. So is talking to people in general.

11. You can be with a group of people that you are friends with and have known for years and will still feel awkward.

12. Getting called on in class is one of your worst nightmares.

13. You don't understand how anyone is able to talk to strangers in public.

14. You don't know what to do when strangers start talking to you.

15. Making friends can be hard.

16. Keeping friends can be hard.

17. Your idea of a perfect night is one spent wearing sweatpants and binging Game of Thrones or Stranger Things for the hundredth time... alone... with no bra.

18. The most beautiful words in the English language are "plans fell through."

19. Dating, especially first dates, usually feels like a combination of pulling teeth and being gently stabbed in the gut.

20. Dating for you is usually just awkward small talk until one of you makes a move... or until you find some way to leave.

21. God forbid if you have a crush on another introvert.

22. God forbid if you have a crush on an extrovert.

23. Blind dates are just about the worst case scenario for you when it comes to your love life... Dates are horrible enough on their own, adding trying to impress a perfect stranger into the mix is a just down right cruel.

24. You automatically get nervous when friends tell you that they have people in mind for you to meet.

25. You enjoy going out... for ten minutes.

26. You often wonder when it's acceptable to leave a social gathering immediately after arriving.

27. You actually enjoy talking to people... it just has to be the right people.

28. You feel like a kinship towards Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.

29. The same goes for Piglet.

30. You like your privacy.

31. You sometimes wish you didn't.

32. You wish more people would understand that just because you like to be alone does not mean that you don't get lonely.

33. You are actually pretty good at talking when it comes to the right topic.

34. You actually don't really mind being an introvert.