10 Signs Your Dad Is Clearly THAT Dad

10 Signs Your Dad Is Clearly THAT Dad

Caution: this may be your dad. But you should be thankful for that.

614
10 Signs Your Dad Is Clearly THAT Dad
Jenna Pizzi

If your dad is THAT dad, don't take him for granted.

While at times he may be annoying, it's only because he cares too much about you to watch you get hurt. Having that type of dad is rare, so when you have that in your life, thank him every step of the way.

1. All of your friends tell you how funny he is

Yes, he's hysterical. Yes, I know. You don't have to keep reminding me. Try living with him and you'll see how funny he actually is!

2. He comments corny sayings on your friends' Facebook pictures

Usually, this ranges from "What's in those red solo cups?" to "Clique, clique, clique." When you get that Facebook notification you know it can't be good.

3. Your friends have a nickname for him

This usually has to do with something drinking-related (Arty the Party) which further emphasizes how much your friends think he is cooler than you. Great.

4. He gives you money even if you say you don’t need it

I mean... if you insist...

5. He always wants to hang out

Bowling? No. Go-carts? No. What do you want to do? How about lay down?

6. He tries to be “hip”

"Teach me how to Bitmoji."

7. He knows someone EVERYWHERE you go

It gets to the point where you can't go out to eat without seeing someone he knows, which leads to a half hour conversation. Don't you just love being introduced to 10 strangers in one week?

8. He is the best person to joke around with

You can always count on a good time when it's just you and your dad. From jokes to pranks, you always have a friend by your side.

9. He asks who you're hanging out with, even though you know he doesn't know them

Because saying that they're from school isn't good enough, he needs the first and last name in order for him to say, "I don't know them." That's why I said you wouldn't know them in the first place!

10. You wouldn’t trade him for the world

I love you, Dad.