11 Moments You'll Recognize If You're A Light Sleeper

Face it, we all get tired, we all need to sleep. However, sometimes sleep can be hard to reach, whether it be constant, or only when we're trying yo fall asleep.

1. Not Being Able to Sleep Just Anywhere

If you're in a new bed, it may take a day or two before you settle in and sleep. It may be too hard. These aren't the right kind of pillows. You don't have anything to hug. Or worse, you're tired in the middle of a trip... In a moving vehicle.

2. Noise

Tenor

Falling asleep is hard enough, but now you have to deal with noise? Have people forgotten what common courtesy is? You don't play your music or TV shows too loud, nor do you use your outside voices! It's as simple as that! And no, earplugs do not always drown out everything, especially if you have sensitive ears!

3. Staying Asleep

Gfycat

So you manage to fall asleep for a few hours. However, like clockwork, every night you have to wake up for some reason. A nightmare or a weird dream? Or maybe you have to pee? You manage to recover or do your business, and there's still a lot of time before your alarm goes off... But why can't you just go back to sleep?! Nothing's keeping you up!

4. The Dreaded Clock

Gifer

Never look at the clock, it'll just give you more anxiety about not being able to get back to sleep. Yet it's so tempting... Maybe you still have plenty of time before you have to wake u- Wait... Is it 7 a.m. already? It was 4 like a minute ago!

5. Roommates

Roommates can be an inevitability in college, but even if you choose, it's still a lottery. You hope that they have classes later than you do and that they don't have to get up an hour before you to do their makeup or shower or something. if at the same time. Finding such a thing can be rare, and once their alarm goes off, you can't get back to sleep. Or worse... they might want to leave the light on when you want to go to sleep.

6. Dark Circles

You may not likely get the sleep you need with your little problem, so you end up looking like a raccoon no matter how hard you try. Just hope to god they can be hidden by plastic glasses, or you'll have to invest in eye cream.

7. Is this Insomnia?

Tenor

Don't lie, you've considered it. You have a lot of trouble falling and staying asleep, however, not every light sleeper is necessarily an insomniac.

8. Snorers

Tenor

Okay, they can't help it either. Unlike the morons who like to make noise in the middle of the night, it's not really intentional, and it's not like they can just stop. Surely you've spent the night with a snorer, whether it be a roommate, a family member, or maybe a significant other. You try everything to get to sleep, but it doesn't always work. Especially if they refuse to acknowledge that they snore.

9. People Who Know You are Afraid of Waking You Up

At least they know, and they try, but being woken up by someone is one of the most unpleasant feelings in the world, especially if you can't get back to sleep. Maybe you hiss, pull the covers over your head, give a death glare to the unlucky sap who woke you, or even say in the coldest way possible "This had better be good..." At least if people think you're a demon incarnate in the morning, they know not to wake you unless it's a matter of life or death.

10. ASMR

Okay, so you're not supposed to be on your phone before you sleep, but ASMR is legitimately soothing, even if it's weird to some people. Even if you don't fall asleep, your brain can slow down, and therefore make it easier... But finding the kind that soothes you the most can take a while... Knowing the number of creators and triggers out there.

11. Alarms

So it takes forever for you to fall asleep and even more difficult to stay asleep. On the bright side, you're never able to sleep through your alarm. Just make sure to hit "snooze," not "alarm off"...

At least maybe during the holiday break, without too many obligations or alarms, you'll be able to get some sleep for once... Eventually.