13 Signs You're Bad At Flirting

13 Signs You're Bad At Flirting

I'm doomed to a life of singleness.

2382
13 Signs You're Bad At Flirting
Paul Bence via Unsplash

Over the course of my 20 years of being a girl, there have been a lot of girly things I somehow missed the memo on how to master. Some things seemed unimportant, while others were just skills that never came easily to me. Sure, I could put in some extra hours and learn how to paint my nails without painting my whole finger, but not everything is that easy.

For instance, I like boys. I think they’re cute. I’d absolutely love to have one of those cute ones to cuddle with and to call my boyfriend, but there’s this crazy thing called “flirting” that I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to figure out. Some people are so smooth and good at talking to and exchanging witty banter with potential significant others, but for me, it’s an awkward, fumbling affair.

I’m just bad at it and I know I’m not alone. This is a message of solidarity to all my fellow awkward girls who are awful at flirting. If you’ve done any of the following 13 things, you are not alone.

1. Had your face get red every time you talked to your person of interest

Red looks good on me, right?

2. Didn’t know how you felt about someone trying to flirt with you, so you pretended not to notice

If I play dumb, they’ll stop, won’t they?

3. Didn’t know how to respond, so you just didn’t

There are worst things than being ghosted… I hope.

4. Didn’t notice someone was flirting until someone else pointed it out

And you’re shocked every time.

5. Started sweating the second you laid eyes on your crush

You just have to pray they won’t notice.

6. Left a situation full of regret for not getting someone’s number

Because what if???

7. Ruined a good interaction by getting tongue tied

If only you could’ve spit out that witty comment you were working on.

8. Didn’t have a date because you don’t talk to anyone

Let’s be real though. Talking to new people shouldn’t be a requirement.

9. Literally ran away from someone cute out of fear of embarrassing yourself

Ironically this only embarrasses you more.

10. Nearly broke someone’s phone because your hands were shaking so much while you were typing in your number

You always catch it just in time.

11. Swore over and over you’d die if that one person so much as looked at you

You just can’t handle it.

12. Flirted secondhand through friends

And it wasn’t always your idea.

13. Listened to your friends place bets on whether or not you’d actually talk to your crush

You want to prove them wrong, but you just… can’t.

From Your Site Articles