Sign Up For Sorority Recruitment And You'll Gain These 10 Amazing Things

6. "It's not four years, it's for life"

434
Sorority
Marisa Salice

Because it is that time of year again! If you've been looking for a sign to rush, this is it!

1. Friendships that really do last

Making friends has been something I have always struggled with. When I began my freshman year at EMU, a university that only about four kids from my graduating class attend, I was completely terrified. After going through structured recruitment, the new member period, and now serving as an active, I know that I have made bonds with my sisters that will last a lifetime.

2. A genuine support system

media.giphy.com

Whenever I am having a hard time I know that there is a sister that will have my back. A sister has always been there to talk, to work out problems, and to be my shoulder to cry on.

3. Leadership opportunities

Joining a Greek organization opens up many different leadership opportunities that will help craft you into a servant-leader! Definitely run for leadership roles because they are also are GREAT resume builders.

4. Community service opportunities

Every sorority has a philanthropy that they advocate and raise money for. In addition to philanthropy events, there are multiple service events that allow you and your sisters to give back to the community. Service has always been my favorite events with my sisters.

5. Your GPA will improve! 

Many studies have proven that students apart of Greek organizations maintain a higher GPA than those who are not. The main reason for this is because each chapter has a GPA expectation, sisters must meet the requirement or above. This also allows for many "study buddy" opportunities at the house or the library! If I am not studying by myself, I am always studying with a sister!

6. "It's not four years, it's for life"

Yes, this is such a cheesy saying but it is totally true. Your sisters will become some of your closet friends and future bridesmaids one day!

7.  Networking

media.giphy.com

There are a vast amount of alumnae from Greek organizations that are always willing to help out active members. Whether it is for a job opportunity or an internship across the country, there will be an alumnae from your organization willing to help you out.

8. Big/Little

media.giphy.com

This is by far my favorite part of sorority life. Your big becomes your mentor to all things regarding sorority and college life, but with your big comes your entire family line! I have no idea what I would do without my GG-Big, G-Big, Aunt, and Big!

9. T-Shirts & t-shirts & t-shirts

media.giphy.com

After joining a sorority your closet will be popping with new apparel! It always seems that with new apparel comes photoshoots with your sisters, which are always so much fun!

10. A home away from home

media.giphy.com

Joining an a Greek letter organization really gave me a true "home away from home". I am the definition of a home body, but I was able to break out of my shell thanks to Greek Life. My sorority sisters have become influential people that I cannot picture my life without.