5 Ways To Take Care Of Your Sick Roommate

In college, you are exposed to so many different diseases and bacterias. No matter how hard you try to consistently wash your hands, avoid touching your face, and taking your daily dose of vitamin C, the odds of you getting sick are still very high.

One of the worst parts about college sickness is that even if you aren't sick yourself, someone else probably is around you. In fact, sometimes your roommate might be the one that is sick. Having a sick roommate is terrible. Listening to the constant sniffling, and the ever so often coughing, it's hard to not be annoyed with the sickness surrounding you. To minimize, your stress of having a sick roommate (and their stress of being a sick roommate) here are five easy things you can do to help them get over their sickness quickly and painlessly.

1. Get them their favorite drink (or food) 

The last thing you want to do when you're sick is go to the store to get something to drink. Help your roommate out by doing it for them, and you can get yourself something while you're at it.

2. If you have the time, grab a box of tissues 

Tissues are the greatest thing when you are sick. Stocking up on tissues will save you a lot of time having to listen to your roommate sniffle up a runny nose all night.

3. Offer up some of your time to watch a movie with them 

I love watching a movie in bed when I'm sick. Cozying up under a bunch of blankets is such a great feeling. Do your roommate a favor and spend some time watching their favorite movie.

4. Accept that your room might be a mess for a few days 

Let's face it, you don't want to do anything while you're sick and neither does your roommate. Accept the fact that your room might be messy for a while and move on.

5. Grab some medicine at the store 

If your roommate is that sick, grab them some dayquil or mucinex. It will likely be very appreciated.