10 Facts About Having A Sibling 10 Years Younger
Siblings

10 Things That Happen When You Have A Sibling At Least 10 Years Younger Than You

Some of us are blessed with a sibling much younger than us, and I think we all can agree that they are the best thing to be a part of our lives.

1867

So many ways do these little blessings impact us every day. There are so many things we can relate to having a sibling so much younger than us. Here are 10 things everyone can relate to if their sibling is at least ten years younger than them.

1. Sometimes you look like a parent in public

Sometimes when I'm in public with only my little sister, I feel like I look like her parent. Disclaimer, I do not have a 10-year-old child at 20 years old. When they act up, we have to be responsible enough to make sure they stop/don't do it again. Or when we're at the store, she often asks if I will buy her something and I sound like a mother who tells her no, she doesn't need more candy she has some at home.

2. You're caught up on all the children aged television shows

My sister is always watching a new show, and sometimes I'm watching it with her. No shame though, some of them are pretty decent shows.

3. Your parents resort to you as a third helping hand

Need someone to take your sibling to practice? Your parents ask you. Need someone to watch them and their friend while they're riding bikes or playing in the pool? They ask you. Sometimes you get frustrated because you don't want to but at the end of the day you know your sibling, and your parents appreciated it.

4. They want to be included in everything you do

You're going to dinner with your friends? Or maybe going to see a movie or get ice cream? They want to join so bad, because they want to literally be just like you. You're their role model and one of the first people they look up to. It's flattering actually how much faith my sister has in me, kind of restoring after a tough semester for sure.

5. When they can't find parents, they resort to you for permission

So many times has my sister come up to me to ask me for permission, and it's because she can't find our parents. But typically it's something basic like,"can I eat ice cream?"

6. They're the best cuddle buddy

When watching a movie with my little sister, we'll sometimes just curl up on the couch together. And it's so precious getting to soak in all that love they have for you.

7. They know every way to annoy you

Kids are ruthless, and they have absolutely no filter. So if they're in a bad mood, you know to watch out because they know the exact way to put you in a mood too.

8. They look up to you

Every habit or frequent thing you do, you notice your younger sibling pick up. Or at least try to. Like if you play a sport, they wanna give it a try. Or you read a book, they want to read it too.

9. They constantly want attention from you

My sister is always asking me to hang out, texting me while I'm at school, or facetiming me a million times because I didn't answer the first ten times.

10. They are the best thing to ever happen to you

While sometimes they can annoy you to no end, they are easily one of your biggest blessings. They become our little best friends. Never in a million years would I change having my little sister around.