Shows To Binge-Watch On Netflix

Shows To Binge-Watch On Netflix

These are just a few shows that I have binge-watched with pride

9
Shows To Binge-Watch On Netflix
Google Images

Netflix streaming has been the downfall of teenagers, college students, and so many others. With Netflix came this need to binge watch any T.V. show that sounded good while it was available on the streaming service. As a recent college graduate, I can confirm that many of my days were spent either in class or binge watching whatever how I was addicted to. Below you will find several shows that caught my interest and that I binge-watched in an absurd amount of time.

Skins (UK version)

This show follows 3 different groups of teenagers over the 7-season lifespan of the show. While this show follows teenagers, it is a show that may require a certain age restriction and it certainly is not for anyone opposed to sex, drugs, drinking and other illegal activities. This show features actors and actresses such as Nicholas Hoult and Kara Scodelario who have starred in movies such as Warm Bodies and the Maze Runner franchise.

This show had the tendency to break my heart at least once per season. With serious topics, such as drugs and alcohol at a young age, comes serious heartbreak and consequences to certain decisions. The first set of characters you meet will always be my favorite. But be prepared, this show can get very dark at times.

All Time Favorite Character: Chris from seasons 1 & 2

Gossip Girl

I am currently on my third time through this show. I love this show. It features the lives of Upper East End teenagers and how they deal with societal pressures to fit in and continue being fabulous. This show features actors and actresses such as Penn Badgeley, Chace Crawford, Blake Lively and Leighton Meester. This is another show filled with backstabbing, drugs and sex. And still one of my favorite shows to binge watch on Netflix.

All Time Favorite Character: Blair Whaldorf of course!

Supernatural

I had heard so many things about this show when I decided to watch it. There were seven seasons on Netflix and I was determined to watch them all before the show started up again that fall. I can’t quite recall how long it took me to watch all seven seasons but it was probably a lot less time than any normal person could have. This show has actors such as Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

This show features the Winchester’s, two brothers who drive all over the country fighting demons, angels and any other supernatural creature you can imagine. This show follows a lot of myths well and it shows that a lot of research was put into making this a great show. The show is currently on their 12th season on the CW.

All Time Favorite Character: I literally don’t know if I could pick because they are all so brilliant. Each character has such a distinctive personality.

The Vampire Diaries

You may notice a theme here and that many of the shows I binge-watch are CW shows. I can’t help it if the channel puts out such binge-worthy shows! The Vampire Diaries is a show that I watched the first few episodes of on tv and then was unable to keep up with it. And then Netflix happened to put the first three seasons online and I was able to catch up quickly. This show features actors and actresses such as Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder. (Side Note: I have and always will have a huge rush on Ian Somerhalder and it may be one reason why I loved the show so much….)

This show follows the lives of teenagers and eventually college students in the town of Mystical Falls, Virginia as vampires, werewolves and witches intertwine themselves into the small community.

All Time Favorite Character: Damon Salvatore (I bet you can guess who plays him ;) )

The Worst Cooks in America

This show taught me a lot about cooking while I watched it. This show took some of the worst cooks in America and showed them the ways of cooking from things as simple as scrambled eggs to things as elaborate as \octopus. I think I watched all three seasons that were available of this show in about two weeks. I love cooking shows and this was just that, a fun and competitive cooking show.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Oh boy. I watched all seven seasons of this show in a matter of 6 weeks. This was the very first show I binge-watched on Netflix. It was the first semester of my freshman year of college. I went to college in a small town with not much to do other than watch Netflix.

This show features Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy who is a teenager gifted with super strength and told her life will always be at risk as she fights vampires and other deadly creatures of the night.

All Time Favorite Character: SPIKE. IT WILL ALWAYS BE SPIKE.

90210

This is not the original, but rather a new one. I loved this show so much. It had captivating storylines and some great characters to go along. This showed followed the lives of several teenagers who live in Beverly Hills. It featured storylines from teenage pregnancy to drug addiction to falling in love. I’ve watched this two times through at this point.

I will warn you though that there are characters that will annoy you beyond belief. I hated two of the characters with a burning passion because they were annoying or pathetic. However, there are characters that you will love.

All Time Favorite Character: Liam will have my heart forever

Hemlock Grove

This show is not for people who dislike violence, nudity and profanity. This is one of the first Netflix originals and it is still, by far, my absolute favorite. This show is based on the book Hemlock Grove by Brian McGreevy. This is a horror-thriller show that follows the lives of two teenagers, Peter and Roman, and their unlikely friendship. This show is incredibly graphic but I loved it anyways.

All Time Favorite Character: Roman because who doesn’t love Bill Skarsgard?