18 Ways To Show Parents You Love Them Without Telling Them

18 Ways To Show Your Parents You Love Them Without Telling Them

Sometimes actions are louder than words, especially for parents.

1367
Photo by Madison Harpham

1. Do the dishes

Don't be scared to do small chores for your parents that make their lives easier, and don't wait until they ask you to do it.

2. Make dinner

It is a kind gesture.

3. Take out the trash

Likewise, doing a simple chore without being asked first really helps.

4. Get good grades

Your hard work proves to them how much you care!

5. Come home before curfew

Don't let them worry about you!

6. Pump gas for them

Sunny, rainy, windy, cold, no matter what the weather is, always offer to pump their gas.

7. Take care of your pets (if you have any)

Walk the dog without being told to or clean the litter box without having a parent remind you.

8. Make smart choices for yourself

Make sure to make smart decisions. Don't lie to them about where you're going or who you are going out with- it could end up being a dangerous situation.

9. Do the laundry

And by that, I mean their laundry included.

10. If they ask you to do something, do it right away

Don't wait hours to do something they asked, do it right away. It shows some respect.

11. Thank them

It doesn't have to be a long hand written note. Even a small "Thanks for dinner, Mom!" or "Thanks for picking me up, Dad!" can go a long way.

12. Take them out to eat

Treat them! They do a lot for you, do something kind for them!

13. Get a job 

It shows that you are capable of taking care of yourself, and relieves them for paying for certain things.

14. Keep your room clean

Parents usually hate a messy room.

15. Keep yourself clean

I assume self-hygiene is always implied in most households. Just take care of yourself.

16. Offer to pay for things

Even if it is something small like a candy bar, I'm sure they appreciate it.

17. Try your best in everything 

They love to see you succeed!

18. Celebrate Mother and Father's Day, even if it's something simple

It is their day, make it special.

It's not that hard to show simple gestures of kindness to your parents. Make sure you always keep them in mind- even if it is just small things.