How You Treat Your Parents Says A Lot About You

Be the best daughter or son you can be.
1919

Parents. Oh, how they must've loved that puberty stage where you hated them. Now we are in college and we can't imagine our life without them.

We are young adults, if not full adults with a lot on our plates.

Our parents raised us to become the young adult we are today. Some people still have that parent/child relationship, but some of us have become friends with our parents.

Either way, as a daughter or son you should still treat your parents with respect and love. You are grown up, it is not appropriate to be screaming at your parents with a temper tantrum like you are in preschool.

For some people, parents have grown to be their best friends. This is not a backward relationship because we are all adults now. There is no line of child and adult because the child has grown into their own person.

That is when parenting is done right. The parents raised their children to be an awesome person that even they want to hang out with! Success!

When I turned 21, the first person I wanted to share a bottle of wine with was my mom. She is just an awesome human and I admire her for her many talents and strengths. She is an older version of what I want to be. I only want to be a good person because that is what she taught me to be.

For some people, parents are still "the adults." This is scary to me. Some people my age have not grown up. They still fight back with their parents. They still "hate on" their parents.

They are still stuck in that middle school relationship with their parents. I will not understand this relationship since mine only lasted an estimated six months with my mom. Then I grew up.

For some people, they grow up and never talk to their parents. I don't personally understand this, but I understand some situations. Sometimes it changes you for the better. Sometimes it will help you become your own person. That's okay.

The way you treat your parents says a lot about you as a person. Some of us are grown up and some of us are stuck in our middle school selves. It's never easy, there's always a rough patch because we are only human. Our parents reflect themselves into their children even if it's the slightest bit.

We all have the best mom/dad in the world on Mother's Day and Father's Day, but what about the other days of the year? I love my parents every day of the year. I want to be a good person just like they are. I want to be the legacy that makes them proud. I want to be the best person I can be because of my parents.

You parents just want to see you succeed. Your parents just want to see you do things they couldn't do. Your parents love you so much even if its hard for some of them to show it. Be the best daughter or son you can be.