Try Your Best No Matter What

Show Up And Try Your Best Even If You're Not The Best At It

Trying new things should be fun, not a chore. Show up and do your best.

65
PxHere

Starting a new hobby or even just trying something new can be interesting and fun but it can also be daunting to try. Sometimes we think that we shouldn't try something because we would fail at it right away. Or at least I think that.

There are so many things out there that I want to try but I would feel like I would fail at it the first try. No one is going to be good at something the first time they try something new, and if they are, good for them! They're just naturally talented in that area but I know for a fact that I'm hardly ever good at something on the first attempt.

I started playing the piano again and let me tell you, it was rough. I had to basically reteach myself all the chords and piano notes. I felt like I should still know all this even though I quit piano lessons almost five years ago. There would be no way I could remember all I learned, I remembered some things but not nearly enough. So I had to reteach myself.

I also started skateboarding again which has been painful, to say the least. I still have a bruise on my elbow from falling almost a week ago. I really enjoy it so I don't want to just quit because I've had a few hard falls. I'm trying to learn something new so of course, I'm going to fail or look dumb a few times.

With anything that we try there's going to be times when we don't get it right on the first try. That's ok because we have to learn to work at things because if we can't accept we're not good at everything on the first attempt then we'll expect more things to be given to us without putting in the actual work to achieve the goal.

Find something you want to try and actually work at. Remember that when you try something new you, it doesn't have to be perfect. Just show up and do the best you can.