Shoutout To The Guy Who Screwed Me Over

Shoutout To The Guy Who Screwed Me Over

Thank you for helping me realize that I deserve better.

65
Shoutout To The Guy Who Screwed Me Over
W Dog

To the guy I thought I could change,

When I first met you, I never thought we would have a connection. You were seen as the "bad boy" and I was the innocent, young, and naive girl. I thought since you were older, you would be more mature, but that was not the case. You spent more time out drinking and dancing at clubs while I was waiting at home for a single text back.

I constantly was worrying about you and what you were doing, if you were hooking up with other girls or making stupid drunk decisions. Everyone warned me about you, but I still didn't listen. I was so infatuated with the idea of us and what we could have been, I foolishly ignored all my friends and family.

As time went on, your true colors started to show. Being ignored and left crying, it was clear that you didn't care about me at all. I'm thankful that you screwed me over and left me crying alone. Yeah, of course I was extremely hurt and upset but I just want to thank you.

Thank you for making me wait hours for a single text back. Thank you for going out nightly to party and getting wasted. Thank you for calling me only when you need something or want to hook up. I could go on and on about all the negativity you brought into my life, but there is one positive thing I want to thank you for.

Thank you for helping me realize how much better I deserve. If it wasn't for you, I would settle for other POS guys like yourself. I always thought that I wasn't good enough for a guy like you until you showed me that I'm actually too good for you. Thank you for not letting me change your bad boy ways. Because of you, my standards and confidence have never been higher.

Ever since you left me, I've been trying to find myself and I did. I found the girl I was before getting my heart broken and lied to constantly. I've been focusing on myself and putting myself first for once, and it's the best decision I've ever made. All my life, my biggest fear was being alone. I would jump from relationship to relationship, but not anymore. I realized that I do not need a guy to complete me or make me happy. I learned to love myself since you never loved me. All the energy and effort I put into trying to make "us" work, is now being used to help me become a better person.

I never thought I'd say this, but words can not express how truly thankful I am that you screwed me over.

Best of luck to the next girl who falls for you and your BS sweet talk.