A Shout Out To Nadia Uddin

A Shout Out To Nadia Uddin

A life changing person

27
A Shout Out To Nadia Uddin
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UhnxIZ_PteQ/TcuOaN2H9MI/AAAAAAAAA7s/pGDs3RdK1lc/s1600/My-Best-Friend.jpg

There are many miracles that go unseen, some more powerful than others. Stepping into my freshman year at college I came in with a know it all attitude, believing I had life all figured out.

Along came my first real friend at college, Nadia Uddin who taught me how to understand myself better and grow as a person in more ways than one. See, Nadia was diagnosed with a kidney failure at the age of 10. A disease that I can only imagine how difficult is, was experienced through this tough human being at such a young age. Thankfully she did get a donor and is fine now, but she taught me that times are tough and everyone is dealing with problems no matter how big or small. Prior to meeting Nadia, I would always say life is unfair because of little mishaps that occurred such as not being able to go out with my friends or being mad at my mother for not buying me materialistic things. I was a brat but at that point in time that was my broken idea of fairness. What I didn’t understand was the way I judged others and the way I judged myself. I was easy to judge others and when it came to myself, I came to realize that you're judged for what you do, not what you think. I can say I’m a nice person and have well meaning intentions but until I don’t do anything to make a differences my internal sense of honor doesn’t count for anything. I told Nadia that what happened to her at a young age was an awful event that I wish didn’t happen to her or others, that was my thought. That seem year I met her i registered as organ donor, that was my action. A true reward, other than a social reward, comes down to the number of people you impact.

Nada also taught me how to be grateful to live the life i'm living. I was blessed to have been dealt the cards that I was given, especially when it came to my parents. 2 hardworking individuals who always seemed to support me financially and emotionally. While i did take them for granted, there's a lot to appreciate; especially their worth ethics. They worked long hard hours, for me to live a better life and to be given opportunities they did not have. Providing me with sufficient influence to keep me on a pathway to success over time.

One of the biggest effects Nadia has had on me is confidence. She tells things to people they way they are, not sugarcoating anything. A worthy trait of a person that will always be straightforward with you is that their friendship is genuine. You are the voice of reason and the one person I can turn to to ask for help in any situation. Confidence plays a big impact in your life because it's your assessment of your own self worth. When I went out to frat parties with Nadia I was afraid to make a fool of myself because I couldn’t dance or wasn’t as pretty as the other sorority girls. But, Nadia taught me what it's like to be a bad ass bitch. With her I was able raise my level of confidence in a way that it would help me not harm me. I was able to let loose, dance like an idiot and for once stop caring what people thought about me. You helped me have a good time and stretch my limits a little, or a lot.

Nadia can also not be overlooked for her sense of humor. It’s hard being hilarious, but Nadia takes the job full time. She can make any day bright with her ludicrous personality and she's the person everyone goes to to be cheered up. Whether it be by talking about an attractive “papi” walking down the street or cracking corny jokes, you offer the best kind of friendship; the friend to share good times with.

My friendship with you has only lasted a year so far, but I'm grateful for all that you have taught me. You are a spectacular for helping mold me as a person by the things that I've said and done. I've changed in a better way because of you and I have to thank you for that. Its people like you that make a true difference and change the world in a positive way, you're the true meaning of the gift of a friend.