What Should You Be Doing On A Sunday

What Should you be doing on a Sunday?

Besides watching football, of course...

35
What Should you be doing on a Sunday?

Sundays. They seem to be the most hated of all the days of the week by most college students, but I like to make it a favorite in my weekly schedule. I try to make every Sunday the same, regardless of how my weekend goes. While most college kids refer to Sundays as "Sunday Scaries," I like to take this day as a reset for the upcoming week.

As soon as I wake up, I like to replenish and drink tons of water. I should be doing this every day, and I don't, but Sundays just feel like the day where I probably should drink more than the usual amount of water… You understand.

I then take out my planner and meticulously plan for the week ahead. This may sound tedious and unnecessary, but it actually helps me set clear goals and intentions for the week. Pro tip: List your classes and their times on each day, so no matter what, you are able to check something off for the day.

When reviewing my week, I make sure to include workouts, meetings, due dates, and as I previously mentioned, classes. This helps me plan time for other activities such as movie night with friends, or lunch with someone I haven't seen for a while.

I give myself the option of being a bum on Sundays in terms of my attire, as long as I get work done. I understand that most people feel their best when they are dressed up, hair done, makeup done. That's just not the case for me. I like being comfortable when I'm working, and I find it most effective to wear my lounge clothes to the library because comfort is key!

As I previously mentioned, people feel most productive when they're dressed nicely and put together. However, the biggest indicator of my productivity is the coffee in my hand. Caffeine itself does not affect me the way it affects others, yet having a freshly brewed cup of coffee or an iced americano automatically feels like I'm going to take on the day and be productive.

If I can, I try not to make my Sunday workload too heavy, because I like to be relaxed but still feel accomplished. I take this day to do some light studying and probably some writing because it relaxes me!

Most people take Sundays off from the gym, and typically I am one of those people. However, I've been more inclined to go on a Sunday lately because my schedule is so hectic throughout the week. Instead of taking Sunday off, I may have to miss the gym on a Thursday because of an important deadline or hectic schedule. Taking it easy but still being able to check it off my list is an accomplishment on its own.

By late afternoon, I have already planned my week, got some studying or writing complete, probably have gotten a workout in, and now it's time for laundry. While I do laundry, I really like to take the time when I'm waiting to scroll through social media, relax, laugh with my roommate, and allow myself to be lazy.

Then comes Sunday night. Football is a huge part of my Sunday. I try to work as hard as I can throughout the day in terms of my checklist so I can relax with wings at 8 pm when the Giants game comes on. Though they've been an extreme disappointment for the past few years, I still enjoy every second of the NFL season.

Sundays require balance. Don't try and cram everything into a few short hours, and don't be a lazy bum all day! I promise you'll feel so much better.