How To Shop Your Own Closet For New Summer Looks

Look your best without spending a dime.

22

Listen up, everyone, summer is quickly approaching … thank God! Which means brand new fashion trends are taking over for summer. The newest collections are hitting stores everywhere, mannequins are being given a fresh look in every storefront. I don’t know about you, but for me this definitely turns up the pressure for redefining my summer style. Not to mention, changing of seasonal fashion has shopping written all over it. If you're anything like me, your wallet does not look promising for a shopping spree anytime soon. Everyone deserves to treat themselves with a few brand new outfits to kick off the summer season, and you can, without spending a dime! Get ready to shop your very own closet at home and create a few new looks! Here are a few tricks for putting together summer outfits that your friends and family have never seen before.

1. Mix formal with casual.

Mixing formal wear with casual wear is a great way to come up with a brand new look that is extremely unique and will definitely turn heads! Don’t be afraid to mix the two. Dig through your closet and pair one of your nice blouses with a pair of old shorts or distressed jeans that you haven’t worn in a while. Or pair a nice skirt with a casual t-shirt and a pair of chunky heels. Mix and match different items and experiment. This tip brings your outfit to life in a fun and inventive way!

2. Mix the old and with the new.

This is the easiest and quickest way to create a brand new outfit for summer. We all have those items that we continue to reach over whenever we open our closet. Give those pieces some love and attention, pull them out this summer and pair them with a newer item you are excited about. Pair an old, raggedy t-shirt with a flirty skirt and strappy sandals, and you’re ready to spend a day under the sun!

3. Do it yourself.

This is my favorite way to create new outfits because they will be completely unique to you! Take an old t-shirt that you’ve worn a thousand time and cut it into a cropped top to give it some life and a unique spin. Summer is all about showing off some skin right? So don’t be afraid to do so, while creating a brand new outfit! If you have a pair of jeans that are either too old or simply don’t excite you to wear them, don’t throw them away just yet. Take a pair of scissor and create a brand new pair of shorts for summer! Take a razor and create a distressed effect on a pair of jeans, creating a brand new look. Add a few holes here and there if you’re feeling edgy!