It's 2018, Time To Shoot Your Shot

It's 2018, Time To Shoot Your Shot

Take a chance.
1763

"Put yourself out there" and "shoot your shot" are two phrases that I always see/hear people saying to each other the internet or what people have been saying to me, as of late. If you are like me and you are a bit hesitant to do something bold, it can be terrifying and uncomfortable.

You want to ask someone out, you want to apply for that job you've been dreaming of, or you want to get the courage to make friends with people in your new class. OK, great! Do it! There is absolutely nothing holding you back. What's the worst that can happen?

The worst answer you could get would be "no." Whatever the situation may be, you're not going spontaneously combust or die. You took a chance and you move on. When we make bold moves, we don't think of the possible positive outcome, we automatically think of the negative. "They're going to turn down my date", or "They're going to reject my application". Why do we think this way? Because we are so used to preparing ourselves for failure and disappointment. Why don't we ever expect that something good will happen out of it? Why can't we think that will we get a "yes" instead of a "no?"

Just recently, I did something a bit bold, something out of my comfort zone and I'm glad I did it. Did I want to throw up? Yes. But that's okay because I took a chance. How are we going to get those answers if we don't try?

"Everything you want is on the other side of your comfort zone"

So shoot your shot! Ask that person out. Go apply for that job you may not be completely qualified for. Travel to a foreign place and chat up strangers. Don't hesitate, just do. Success is on the other side.