The First Image Of 'Sherlock' Season 4 Is Here

And I'm dying from anticipation!

14
Facebook

I have asked for a sign and received it! Early Friday morning, the "Sherlock" Facebook page released a picture of the titular character, played by Benedict Cumberbatch (*swoon*), looking down the street with dog.

You may ask, "Why is this so exciting?" You may say, "It's just another TV series." Well, my friend, it is not. Yes, "Sherlock" is an ongoing series just like "Orange is the New Black" and "Game of Thrones;" however, where this British crime drama diverges is in the fact that season three came out in 2014. Yup, that's right, "Sherlock" fans have been patiently waiting two years for season four to come out, and we still have one more year to go.

Imagine, "Game of Thrones" fans (myself included) and "Orange is the New Black" fans (again, myself included), waiting two years for the next gut-wrenching, explosive and binge-worthy season to come out. It's unthinkable. It's inconceivable! "Game of Thrones" fans are already stir crazy because they will have to wait longer than normal for season seven to air, which is just slotted for premiering later next spring.

To add to the unconventional nature of the "Sherlock" series, Steven Moffat, creator and writer, only produces three 90-minute episodes a season. So why do we, "Sherlock" fans, endure the hardship of waiting years for the next season release? Why do we watch "Game of Thrones" or "Orange is the New Black?" The story line! The twists and turns! The characters!

So while we don't know too much, we can revel in the fact that season four will premier in 2017, Toby Jones has joined the cast and Sherlock is pictured with a cute bloodhound. This longer wait also gives us more time to come up with Tumblr conspiracies.