Shane Dawson's 'Conspiracy' Palette Is Insane, And The Perfect Representation Of His Career

The 11-year YouTube veteran is going to change the makeup industry with the nostalgia of his new collection

150
@shanedawson on Instagram

In 2008, Shane Yaw, or Shane Dawson, launched his YouTube channel under the name ShaneDawsonTV. Since then, Dawson has been challenging himself and the entire YouYube community with his unique videos.

He started out doing skits as characters like Shanaynay, moving to food videos, trying weird girl products, ghost hunting, etc. Now Dawson is known for doing documentary-style series on YouTube most famous for "The Secret World of Jeffree Star."

Over the past month, Dawson has uploaded a six-part series of behind-the-scenes footage of creating his makeup collection in collaboration with Jeffree Star. The eyeshadow palette, "Conspiracy," gives me, someone who has been watching Dawson for years, the feels of everything Dawson has been through leading up to his launch.

From a bright yellow named "Food Videos" to a monochromatic black named "IlluminaTEA," the shade range and naming of the palette perfectly captures Dawson's YouTube career.

I have seen some indifference across the internet regarding Dawson's intentions with creating his collection. People are saying that he never was interested until he found out how much money he could make through sales.

When I saw people saying this, it got me thinking. I have been watching Dawson for years, and I always saw him as a genuine person. I always thought he deserved way more subscribers than he had due to always posting original content.

Dawson never had great sales with merch, and he states this in many of his YouTube videos. Dawson deserves everything that is happening to him right now because he is one of "the good ones." One of the YouTubers that rarely got sponsorships, yet still made videos every day for his fans.

So yes, maybe Shane was partly interested in making the palette because of the money involved, but I think more than that, Dawson wanted to give his fans something unique, and something they could create unique things with.

I cannot wait to get a hold of Dawson's collection and create the most amazing looks inspired by one of the most amazing YouTubers on the platform.