Sexualized Halloween Costumes

Sexualized Halloween Costumes

Women's Halloween costumes are more like lingerie

413
Sexualized Halloween Costumes
Halloween Party Women

Before picking your Halloween costume this year, consider your choices highly. If you’re a boy you get choices between being a ninja, an astronaut, or batman – complete with fake muscles throughout the costume. If you’re a girl, your choices aren’t exactly the same. Although it’s October, and you trick-or-treat later in the evening, your costume will consist of a little less fabric; leaving you with skin tight clothing that gets less covering as you age.

It’s hard to shop for Halloween costumes as a college student. I have found that even young girls costumes can be inappropriate and sexual; with short dresses and low cut shirts, sometimes entire missing mid-sections. Not to mention, it’s the middle of Autumn. It’s cold outside, I want as much clothing on as possible. As a college student, it gets even harder to find something not only modest but something that is going to keep me warm. I went through multiple websites and looked up different categories to see what kind of costumes someone my age has access to. I looked up four different categories to compare, this is what I found:

Superheroes:

Good news is, this one actually has sleeves, a lot of them don't . . .

Occupation:

I hate to break it to you, but not only is this not regulation, but you're going to be in a world of hurt and illness if you actually wear this in the military.

Horror:

The scariest part about these costumes is the thought of walking in heels all evening.

Pirate:

I think the sword is a little too short for fighting . . . that's not the only thing too short in this picture. In this costumes defense, it's the only one I found with all of her boobs covered.

Meanwhile, men are having no trouble finding cool costumes that are warm in this Autumn air.

Superheroes:

Fully covered and fake muscles?! This just is all kinds of unfair.

Occupation:

They look ready to fight -- and win. They also look at least semi-regulation, but ya' know, whatever.

Horror:

Wait, the face is covered, how do we know this is a male? Oh yeah,because everything else is covered too . . .

Pirate:

At least we can tell he's actually a pirate and not someone with just a stripped skirt and a scarf tied around their heads . . . I don't know, I'm just saying . . .

Women in our society are so over sexualized that we cannot even enjoy Halloween without constantly considering how much of our body is hanging out and exactly how cold we are outside (seriously, it’s cold). You can’t really shop in the men’s section either, everything is way to big . . . it’s like they want the clothes to be baggy and comfortable and not so tight they can’t breathe . . . I hope that you know take a good look at what is made available to you. You can indeed find costumes that cover your body if you look hard enough in the right places. I wish you all the best on your hunt!

Tschüss!