20 'Sex and The City' Quotes You Need To Get Through the Day

Words to live by.

524

20 years ago, "Sex And The City" premiered. And now, I find myself still quoting all the iconic lines. The characters of "Sex And The City" say some of the most outlandish, funny things, but also reveal relatable life lessons. Whether they're about relationships, yourself or life in general. Here are some of my favorite quotes. From Samantha's funny, blunt view on relationships to Carrie's heartfelt thoughts about life and love.

1. "I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love." -Carrie Bradshaw

Carrie is right, you shouldn't settle for anything less than what you're really looking for.

2. "Is a relationship saying his name fifty times more a day than my own?" -Samantha

Love yourself before anyone else.

3. "The only thing I learned that night was that maybe I should have stayed home" -Carrie

Sometimes.

4. "Sometimes the wrong choices lead us to the right places." -Carrie

Don't overthink everything, our mistakes are, sometimes, what make us.

5. "Your good friend Miranda has just taken a piece of cake out of the garbage and eaten it. You will probably need this information when you check me into the Betty Crocker Clinic." -Miranda

We all understand Miranda's sweet tooth. But her's is next level.

6. "Don't play hard to get with a man who's hard to get." -Samantha

Don't play his games too.

7. "Life gives you lots of chances to screw up which means you have just as many chances to get it right." - Carrie

Don't be so hard on yourself. You don't always get it right the first time.

8. "Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe, you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be." -Carrie

You're always growing and changing. So don't hold on to your past self, or you'll never grow as a person.

9. "Some love stories aren't epic novels, some are short stories. But, that doesn't make them any less filled with love." -Carrie

It shouldn't matter how long you've known someone, it's how well you've gotten to know them.

10. "Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens" -Carrie

Stop over analyzing and start living in the moment.

11. "Sexy is what I try to get them to see after I win them over with my personality." -Miranda

Be yourself, it's the most attractive.

12. "I like my money where I can see it—hanging in my closet." -Carrie

Don't we all?

13. "Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed, maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with.” -Carrie

Don't let a man tame your greatness.

14. "I will not be judged by you or society. I will wear whatever and blow whomever I want as long as I can breathe—and kneel." -Samantha

Samantha Jones really doesn't care about what others think. That is why I admire her.

15. "I save my carbs for wine, it's called priorities." -Carrie

I could live by this.

16. "A closet full of clothes, nothing to wear" -Carrie

The everyday dilemma.

17. "I don't believe in the Republican or Democratic party. I just believe in parties." -Samantha

Samantha said it best.

18. "I want to enjoy my success, not apologize for it." -Miranda

Don't ever feel like you're over-achieving. Don't shrink yourself for others.

19. "I revealed too much too soon. I was emotionally slutty." -Carrie

Sometimes the worst thing to do.

20. "Why do we let the one thing we don't have affect how we feel about all the things we do have?" -Carrie

We always want what we don't have.