We all know the three R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. The purpose is that by following this simple slogan we can save the planet. It’s one of those ideas that’s easier to talk about than actually participate in. Some people take it to the extremes on how much they do that their life changes intimidate others.
The truth of the matter is, there are a lot of ways to help decrease your carbon footprint. You’ll find, that a lot of these options include a minimal change in habit and soon you won’t even remember what you used to do before.
1. Reuse plastic bags while grocery shopping, or scrap the plastic and go cloth
2. Buy a water bottle instead of bottles
3. Turn off appliances when you’re not using them
4. Look for alternative products that don’t harm the environment (Check it out here)
5. Reuse your glass products (i.e. mason jars, wine bottles etc.)
6. Ride a bike or walk to cut down on emissions (or carpool)
7. Conserve water by turning off the faucet or showerhead
So try these out and the best part is, on top of saving the planet you'll also be saving yourself some cash.