Sensory Activities For The Kids At Home

Sensory Activities For The Kids At Home

To keep the little ones moving

26
Sensory Activities For The Kids At Home
Photo Credit By Unsplash

Even during this summer different parts of the world is still under strict quarantine, making it even more difficult for the kids at home. For the most part they are able to stay busy with toys, reading, and many other activities. However, there is still a harsh reality that they are not getting the exercise that they are needing during these unfortunate times with COVID running amuck outside our doors. So, what can we do to make sure that the young children are getting their exercise, both mental and physical? The answer, sensory activities.

According to Educational Playcare, sensory activities "include any activity that stimulates your child's senses: touch, smell, taste, movement, balance, sight and hearing". Children love to play any type of activity that gets their senses going a million miles an hour, that's why when we are young we are playing with the sand in the sandbox at school. The sensation of the sand that runs through out fingers sets of a different type of feeling, and makes us relax while the rest of our senses focuses on the subject at hand.

Check out these different types of sensory activities that your children can partake in while at home.

MESSY SENSORY ACTIVITIES

Rainbow Slime

Rainbow Clean Mud

Primary Colors Squishy Bag Experiment

Sand Art

PROPRIOCEPTIVE ACTIVITIES

Proprioceptive is a type of information when muscles and joints comes from the brain during an activity, more so when they are working hard. When we partake in activities that are deemed heavy we can feel our joints and muscles working, such as running or even lifting heavy equipment. This also goes hand-in-hand when children are participating in activities that engage their joints and muscles.

Types of activities would be sweeping up the driveway or kitchen, using a wheelbarrow, jumping on a trampoline, climbing around on a playground, raking leaves, etc.