Senior Year: Why it is More Stressful than you think
Education

Senior Year: Why It Is More Stressful Than People Tell You

Adults and older teens alike always tell you how amazing senior year is, and don't get me wrong, it is, but is it all it is really made out to be?

318
https://pixabay.com/en/graduation-teen-high-school-student-995042/

After having an assembly for cap and gowns at my high school, I realized how stressful senior year had been so far, how all my life I was told how amazing and breezy senior year was, and here I was, sitting in that auditorium, realizing that the year really hasn't been all it was made out to be. If anything, the year had been more stressful than I had imagined, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

After talking to some friends, I realized that I am not the only one who thinks senior year is stressful, with senioritis becoming an epidemic among us, many have been stressing about college applications and being accepted in general. The wait for being accepted into a college is gruesome and causes severe anxiety in many seniors, I am lucky enough I had my college by September, I still had to worry about keeping my grades up and suffering through midterms and finals before we all get to graduation.

After we are accepted into our colleges, we have even more to stress about, picking which college to go to after being accepted to the ones you applied to, finding roommates once we pick a college, and filling out medical forms, paying for college and placement testing. Some resort to not sleeping and over stressing about smaller things within the year.

Mental Health becomes a big topic when it comes to seniors and teenagers in general and how our anxiety levels are at an all-time high, there is a pressure to go to college and be successful, choosing the college and what major you will take affects all of the criticism you receive from older individuals that affect your choice, whether it is something you want to do or not.

Senior year is so much more stressful than people tell us, and that affects the work ethic of seniors, we are caught blindsided by how overwhelming the whole year is. It is a big year for us, but no matter how stressful things get, we need to make the most of the memories of our last year in high school, or at least with our friends and families before we move on to college and go out on our own for the first time.