These 10 Things Run Through Your Mind When It Snows
Education

10 Thoughts Everyone Has When It's Snowing

You know it's true.

1283
Photo by Brian Jones on Unsplash

When it snows, it can either be a wonderfully magical time of the year or a hellish nightmare of being stuck at home for days on end. Either way, everyone has something to say about it, an opinion. Here are several things that people undoubtedly think when snow starts to fly:

"Oh, how pretty and tranquil!"

When you first wake up and see snow, all you can think about is how pretty it looks outside. The whole world is blanketed and it couldn't look more calming and serene.

"Snow day?"

Do you remember putting ice in every toilet in your house, going to bed with your PJs inside out and backwards, and putting a spoon under your pillow before bed? The good ole' wise tales that kids where convinced would guarantee them a snow day when there was snow in the forecast. In all honestly, snow days were very exciting as a kid whether or not those tricks helped. Snow days made for a whole day of watching movies, wearing PJs all day, and sipping on hot chocolate.

"'Guess I have to start shoveling snow and clearing the sidewalks."

Shoveling snow is arguably one of the downfalls to it snowing. Shoveling snow is always a pain and is definitely a workout if you get more than a couple inches.

"Geez, it's cold outside."

Snow and cold temperatures are basically synonymous so bundle up if you are heading outside for some fun in the snow!

"Hot chocolate sounds delicious right now!"

Hot chocolate always tastes better when you come inside after being outside while it's snowing. It's a staple anytime it snows.

"I can't get over how pretty the snow is."

Winter time can be so beautiful especially when it snows. The trees, snow covered fences, and icicles make for some great pictures!

"At what age is it acceptable to stop going sledding?"

Asking for a friend here, when is it too old to go snowing? I vote never because sledding is such a fun time! Grab a sled and your pals no matter their age and find the biggest hill around for a good time on a snow day!

"I want it to snow everyday!"

Snowball fights and eating snowflakes, along with all the cool things that snow brings, it's no matter that snow days are always desired!

"I want to move somewhere that it snows all the time!"

Head to where polar bears live and you'll have your wish of snow all the time granted!

"What's a good book I can curl up by the fireplace and read?"

Snow days are the best days to grab some fuzzy sock, a soft blanket, and a good book to sit by a fire and read.