A Letter To High School Seniors

A Letter To High School Seniors

There is nothing like your senior year of high school so cherish it while you can.

5
A Letter To High School Seniors
Odyssey

I remember the beginning of my senior year of high school. Not knowing if any of the colleges I was applying to were what I wanted, ready to leave my town and also not ready to say goodbye. Like everyone says, senior year and basically your whole high school experience flies by. It really does and to be honest with you, you are never fully prepared for it. You can say over and over, “oh I am so ready for college” and “I can’t wait to leave this place”. Well listen, you will get to that point. Trust me you are almost there, but right now, enjoy what you may not have when you get there.

The one thing have to say is you never really know how meaningful something is until you let it go. And I am not saying that you are going to miss high school itself when you go off to college because trust me you won’t, but you will miss consistency, friends, family, home cooked meals, and simply “normalness”. College, which you are about to face, is one of the toughest changes you will have to make. You can get through it because we all can, but it’s your job during your senior year of high school to cherish everything that makes you happy right now.

Be nice to people, senior year is when your grade bonds until it’s as close as you will get, and you want to leave a great lasting impression. On top of that make new friends, find and solidify your hobbies, enjoy the carelessness that comes along with your senior year. Do what you have always wanted to do. Thank your teachers, parents, siblings. All of this will change in a blink of an eye and before you know it you will be living on your own.

Coming to college and going through this adjustment, I have realized how much I truly have enjoyed my friends, family, and experiences from back home. Senior trip, prom, senior privileges and graduation all were times I will not forget. There’s nothing like it. So enjoy all of those moments! Spend quality time with friends, it doesn’t have to cost anything just enjoy the presence they have when they are with you. Have fun, do anything and everything because these are the moments you will smile back on during graduation and the start of your freshman year.

You have a lot to look forward to, but let that happen when it does. For now, try to live in the moment, even if you have no idea how to, and just realize that your future is made up by the present. With that being said, cherish all of the comfort and happiness that home brings and thoroughly enjoy your senior year, this incredible time in your life.