Senior Year Is Finally Here

Senior Year Is Finally Here

It won’t be easy but it’ll be worth it.

66
Senior Year Is Finally Here
The Odyssey

In only a few days, my senior year of college will begin. I’m a person who tends to look too far into the future and although I have thought about graduation, it hasn’t really hit me. I still can’t believe I’m even 21 years old. Although there’s a lot of uncertainty ahead of me, there’s one thing I know for sure. My senior year in college will definitely be different from my last year in high school.

Years ago, I was enrolled in math and science classes I had no interest in. To say I didn’t try in physics and trigonometry class is an understatement. Instead, I focused on ceramics and English class. But in this upcoming last year of college, I can’t be selective about which classes I will excel at. Every class is essential to both of my degrees and towards graduating on time.

My last remaining 11 classes also count because I want to attend graduate school for journalism in the future. I would have loved to go right after finishing my undergraduate career but perhaps, taking a break from school to gain more experience is what I need. All of my “plans” can change at any time and that’s the scariest part of being a senior in college.

I’ll be the first in my entire family to graduate from a four-year college. Through college I didn’t have anyone to help me in any step of the way, from applying in high school to becoming acclimated and post-graduation life. I’m still trying to figure it out on my own and it isn’t always easy. My parents don’t understand the amount of work required to graduate on time with two degrees. They don’t know what an internship is and they especially don’t know that our generation struggles to find stable jobs after graduation.

I’m still working daily to find my voice in my writing. I do have bad moments where everything feels overwhelming like everyone else but simply thinking about being so close to graduating is enough motivation to keep going. My senior year in college won’t be easy but it’ll be worth it.