21 Songs For Your Senior Spring Playlist

For a semester of celebration and nostalgia.

56
Stephen Arnold // Unsplash

The spring semester of senior year is a weird time for everyone. Being an upperclassman on campus comes with its own unique privileges and responsibilities as well as certain anxieties about what life will look like after graduation. In an entirely selfish attempt to quell my own existential panic, I've put together a playlist that seeks to encompass the nostalgia I feel for the four years I've spent at Colgate University, the buoyant dread I feel for post-grad life, and the sense that we ought to be celebrating our accomplishments at every opportunity.

If any of that sounds #relatable to your own experience, continue onward to find 21 songs to add to your senior spring playlist.

"We Don't Care" by Kanye West

For when you're just trying to get by and are totally over trying to please other people.

Highlight lyric: "Throw your hands up in the sky and say, 'We don't care what people say.'"

"That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed)" by Panic! At The Disco

For coming to terms with lots of changes.

Highlight lyric: "Things are shaping up to be pretty odd, little deaths in musical beds. So it seems I’m someone I’ve never met."

"Yeah 3x" by Chris Brown

For when you need a carefree night of partying to celebrate making it this far.

Highlight lyric: "Put your troubles aside, start livin'. Anybody can let go. Throw away all your problems, 'cause right now it's party time."

"I'm Not Sorry" by Mike Stud

For when you won't apologize for letting loose.

Highlight lyric: "Don't it feel good not carin' 'bout sh*t? And I know tomorrow we're gonna hear about this."

"Blank Space (Remix)" by YONAS

For when you need a badass anthem that's equal parts basic and aggressive.

Highlight lyric: "Investors with toupees throw money in my suitcase. I don’t care what you say, if you don’t like what I say then sue me."

"Last Night (Beer Fear)" by Amy Spraggan

For when you're recovering from your quest to avoid becoming washed up.

Highlight lyric: "I'm only young so I'm not gonna pretend I wish I could stop 'cause I'm not joking. I love drinking too much and socially smoking."

"Scattered" by Green Day

For when you're looking back on your college experience with bitter nostalgia.

Highlight lyric: "I've got some scattered pictures lying on my bedroom floor. Reminds me of the times we shared."

"Make Out Bandit" by Mac Lethal

For when you're crossing names off of your "Senior Scramble" bucket list.

Highlight lyric: "He asks for her name, but she says it doesn't matter. Like 'Listen up boy, you're not my boo, you're not my king. Don't say another word you're gonna ruin everything. I'm just choosin' every dream that I've had with my flavor."

"The End of Summer Song" by the Billionaires

For when you're holding onto your carefree past to cope with your anxiety for the future.

Highlight lyric: "All the making out is just distraction. Doesn't make me a man, or help with September's plans."

"We Can't Stop" by Miley Cyrus

For when you're embodying the upperclassman that runs the place.

Highlight lyric: "It's our party, we can do what we want."

"Five Years Time" by Noah and the Whale

For when you're wondering who will fade out of your life when you leave college.

Highlight lyric: "In five years time I might not know you."

"Are You Satisfied?" by Marina and the Diamonds

For when you won't let anyone hold you back from chasing your dreams, even if it's stressing you out.

Highlight lyric: "People like to tell you what you're gonna be. It's not my problem if you don't see what I see."

"Die Young" by Kesha

For when adult life seems a little too daunting and you need to dance out some energy.

Highlight lyric: "Young hearts, out our minds, running 'til we outta time."

"Back to the Shack" by Weezer

For when you want to get back to your roots.

Highlight lyric: "I had to go and make a few mistakes so I could find out who I am."

"Right Now" by Watsky

For when you need to remember to live in the moment.

Highlight lyric: "So punch the clock, adjust your tie, spike the punch, and touch the sky. Life is hard and then you die, so let's all go hard tonight."

"Fighters" by Lupe Fiasco

For when it seems like the whole world is fighting against you.

Highlight lyric: "Or is it somethin' they could never believe, or is it somethin' you could never achieve? Is it beyond your means; is it inside your dreams? Can it never come out cause it's scared to, unprepared to? Too worried about the words of the people is weird too."

"I'm Not That Smart" from the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

For when you need to remind yourself that you've already proven your smarts by making it this far.

Highlight lyric: "I might be smart."

"Fun" by Kyle

For when you're trying to make the most of your final weekends of being a college student.

Highlight lyric: "Party at my place. We gon' be faded. It's gon' be fun."

"Still Around" by 3OH!3

For when there's a special someone you'll miss most after graduation.

Highlight lyric: "I know what you're thinking, but that won't stop this drinking."

"L. G. FUAD" by Motion City Soundtrack

For when you need an extended metaphor to explain your current dependence on alcohol.

Highlight lyric: "You’ve been such a positive influence on my mental frame. If I could ever repay you, I would, but I'm hard up for cash."

"Colgate" by S.U.S.

For when you know you're going to miss Colgate.

Highlight lyric: "Don't go to Colgate to just sit down. We may not be in a big town, but that don't mean we don't know how to get down."